A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Doctors who do not read the patient's chart - NEPAmt

Posted: Dec 19, 2013

Do you ever wonder if doctor's ever take a quick glance over the patient's chart before they begin dictating? I am not talking about residents who are dictating a large stack of charts, but a doctor who sees the same patients day in and day out in a diabetes clinic.  I type for this doctor who will start dictating and have no idea what medications the patient is on, how many units the patient takes, or even how many times a day the patient is to receive insulin. She will name off Levemir continue to hmmm and haahh and throw some numbers out there, get to the assessment and plan and then start off again as if she is in the HPI and change the medication/insulin and change the whole treatment regimen.  It is almost as if she has ADD or just does not want to dictate.  That can be dangerous, though, if she were to forget to correct herself.

oops, my bad, that should say doctors, not doctor's - NEPAmt

[ In Reply To ..]
regarding above post.

Similar Messages:

Any Doctors On Here Please Read
Apr 09, 2014

I know you are probably unaware of this but we (the MTs) generally do not live in the areas we transcribe, so please if you could take an extra second (you pay by the character not the time anymore) spell places, business names, doctors names, doctors practices, etc. it saves us so much time and makes the documents more accurate. Thank you to the doctor that I just had that clearly spelled all the CC information.. ...

Patient Wrote This On His Chart - Grispang For Ringworm. ?? I Looked On Google And Unless I'm
Dec 14, 2009

x ...

NEW COMMANDMENT: Doctors Shall Not Say Name Of Patient In Report
Jun 11, 2015

Thou shalt only say, "the Patient" throughout the report.  ...

Doctors Using Their Own Templates Jeopardize Patient Care
Dec 11, 2012

I don't know about the rest of you but I have very few male doctors who are careful enough to adequately edit normal templates to meet the patient's particular criteria. It's gets pretty time consuming to do it myself, especially when we are not qualified to do this in every instance. Female doctors almost always attend to these details. NPs, PAs do a much better job than the male docs, but few male docs either care, feel it is their job, or take responsibility for this editing. ...

Sharing Patient Records Is Still A Digital Dilemma For Doctors
Mar 06, 2015

link below ...

Fast Chart - Current Info On Fast Chart
Dec 10, 2011

Anyone have any current info on Fast Chart, good, bad, ugly?  Checked the Archives, not much recent info.  Thanks! ...

Fast Chart - Does Anyone Work For Fast Chart
Mar 07, 2013

Does anyone work for Fast Chart and what can you tell me about them? ...

If Anyone Has Used Chart Net Before ?
Aug 23, 2012

Just wanting to know if anyone has used Chart Net before and if so, did you like it? Also, is it compatible to Dictaphone ExText platform? ...

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

The Patient Is On S/l Peer-uh-lone And Digoxin (cardiac Patient)
Feb 09, 2015

thank you ...

Is There A Chart Somewhere That Lists
Nov 13, 2009

what all the different medical coder levels are? CCS, CCA, CPC, etc. What they are, how to get each one, where they can work, how much they make. Any info appreciated as it is very confusing. ...

Fast Chart?
Jun 12, 2010

Any info on this company?   ...

Anyone Know Anything About Fast Chart?
Feb 06, 2011

Anyone know anything about Fast Chart?  Thanks! ...

SOAP Chart
Aug 15, 2011

When you are using a SOAP Chart style, do you every use PHSYICAL EXAMINATION in the headings? I have a doctor that added it in today with his dictations. I have never used it before in a SOAP. Thanks ...

Fast Chart Or TTS
Aug 24, 2011

I got a job offer from both companies today.  One is for night's with much better pay and the other is during the day with some weekend hours in a month, but really low start out pay.  Not sure which company is better.  I read the posts, but still need a job right now.  Any input would be soooo appreciated.  ...

Childs ER Chart
Sep 15, 2011

I'm trying to transcribe an ER chart for a baby and in her Physical Exam part the Dr. says her sallic is what it sounds like??? is normal fontanel is normal.. Any suggestions or anyone have any clue?? I'm fried and can't figure out a simple word ...

What Chart Net Is Like To Use As Far As Speech?
Oct 17, 2012

Can anyone tell me what Chart Net is like to use as far as speech?  I've been thinking of joining MM, but have no experience with Chart Net, and am a little concerned as they are only offering 4 cents a line on speech jobs!  I've also heard that it counts lines at 70 or 75 characters instead of 65 and am wondering if this is correct too?  Thanks. ...

Chart Script
Mar 03, 2014

Does anyone currently working with Chart Script know if it works using a satellite internet connection?  Thank you!!!  ...

Organizational Chart
Mar 12, 2015

Trying to find out who my HDSM's boss is. Anyone know where to find this. My HDSM ignores my emails, and I need answers. ...

"There Was A Time When Doctors Were Doctors" By James Ong
May 06, 2014

From the KevinPho MD site:   There was a time when doctors were doctors. There was a time when young men and women sacrificed the best years of their youth, learning to treat patients and conquer diseases, not to become typists, paper pushers, data-entry clerks, or to have hospitals, insurance companies, and the federal government dictate to us how to practice medicine.   There was a time when doctors were trusted. There was a time when we were not guilty until proven ot ...

Does Anyone Have Anything Good To Say About Fast Chart?
Dec 15, 2009

I see a lot of negativity about Fast Chart on previous posts. I was just wondering if there is anything good about this company?? Thanks. ...

MQ Vs Fast Chart?? Would Appreciate Any Input. Thanks.
Jan 06, 2010

x ...

STAT Nephro Chart
Mar 10, 2010

She is on peritoneal dialysis.  She does not have an access.  She has an old right AV s/l *brachiostemino* AV graft which was shut down at this time.   Thx!    ...

Psych Chart Use Of Swearing
Aug 10, 2010

The social worker dictates that the patient said, (quote) "Everything is driving me f-ing crazy."  Should I type f-ing or really type out the whole f word in the quotes? ...

Fast Chart And Fees
Feb 18, 2011

I applied to Fast Chart, tested and then was offered a position.  So, I read their contract and got to the fees section.  I knew they charged a 7.50 fee for not meeting your line requirement, but then there was going to be another fee after you had been there for 90 days.  This fee is calculated using some kind of formula 40.00 - (A/B)*40....A is number of lines you actually transcribed and B is the Line requirement and then there is another formula to calculate edited lines.  ...

Fast Chart - How Are They To Work For
Jul 21, 2011

Does anyone know about this company?  How are they to work for with respect to pay, available work, QA, etc.  Thank you in advance. ...

Does Anyone Know Anything About Speech Motion From Chart Net?
Feb 03, 2012

My company is changing software and this is what they are wanting to use.  This isn't M-Modal is it?  I can't find any information about it.  Thank you in advance. ...

ECS Chart Retrieval Services
Feb 23, 2013

https://fieldcareers-myecsinc.icims.com/jobs/intro?hashed=0   They are looking for people with medical records background.  Pays well, too bad it's only temp. Must be able to travel to sites near your home. ...

Bi-weekly Bonus Chart?
Feb 05, 2014

Does anyone have a copy of that breakdown of how the bi-weekly bonus is paid?  I had it at one point but lost it.  I can't remember exactly but it is broken down into several parts as to how it is paid?  Thanks! ...

Survey - Do You Have Access To Chart?
Apr 28, 2014

I'm wondering how many MTs out there have access to patient charts.  As of now, I do and it's very helpful in looking up vitals, lab values, and doctors' names that the dictator invariably mumbles.  The company I work for will soon remove that access to MTs, and I'm wondering if this is a new HIPAA requirement or if we are moving to a platform that simply does not support it.  They are saying that it is because of HIPAA, but I think it's ridiculous to take ...