A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Audio files - ml

Posted: Jun 05, 2013

Has anyone had a job which transcribes audio files  I see there is a job opening with REV.  Can anyone make money doing that?

Rev - audio files - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Rev is the former Fox Translate. They changed their name a couple of months ago. Their transcription mainly focuses on multiple speakers, and you have really no clue who is speaking when. You just have to label them speaker 1, 2, etc. Also, work is NOT assigned. You have to read a description of the job and if you think you can do it, then "claim it;" however, there may be multiple other people also claiming the job. I used Express Scribe for the brief time I worked there; however, I recently downloaded The Record Player, which allows 4 channel capabilities. You can mute the other speakers and just concentrate on the person who is speaking at the time. The positive is that my earnings were in my Paypal account every Monday.

Record Player - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not sure how this works (I'm not terribly tech savvy): Do you have to convert the audio files in order to make them work with The Record Player? Sorry if I sound dumb, but I've had a very sheltered MT career so I haven't had to deal with this sort of thing. I looked into working for Rev but had a hard enough time just getting through their initial application audio files without the use of my foot pedal.
Thank you for any help you can give me on this. :)

Testing for Rev - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I just tested for Rev using The Record Player and had no problem downloading the files and playing them with my foot pedal. I am confused as to why you were not able to use your foot pedal, as I believe they are in .wav format and can be played with either Express Scribe or The Record Player.

When using the Record Player, save the files to your desktop. You will have to right click on them to open them or extract them. Then, go into the Record Player, and when you open it click on the file folder icon at the bottom left. When you click on the file folder icon, you will get a message -- just click on no. Reclick on the file folder icon. There will be a window that pops up and click on the second icon on the top left hand corner make sure the folder button is checked, then browse for the file -- I saved mine to my desktop under Rev, then downloaded the single speaker test file by creating a subfolder labeled "single speaker." When you locate the file you want to load, then click next. A window will pop up with "Search Folder 1," hit next, and then finish.

The next window that pops up, you will see file folders on the right, hit close. You will then see a file folder, which should be labeled .something like "search folder 1," Double click on that folder and you will see "subfolders." Gighlight the file to the right and click open, that will load the sound file. I didnt have to configure my foot pedal as I use a standard IN-USB 1.

After yoou have transcribed the riles, click on the file folder icon again at the bottom of the player, click on the second icon in the upper left hand corner, highlight "search folder 1" and third file folder on the right is delete. Done!!

Sorry, this was long, but I walked you through step by step and I believe it plays all types of wav files -- hope this helps.
Thank you! I appreciate your help so much! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
:)
Reply to your post - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
You are welcome. Sorry it was so long, but I was literally walking you thrugh the program, while posting the message. LOL -- I wish that I had known about this player before FINALLY having to "bite the bullet," and pay for ES. I think the sound quality is much better with this player. I was recently hired with Dictate Express, and this is what they use because of the 4-channel capabilities. For example, the way their files are set up, you can technically listen to 1 speaker at at a time if you want and "mute out" anyone who may be talking in the background. I know that it sounded long and detailed but it's realy esy to use and no more difficult than Express Scribe once you get the hang of things :)
Record Player? - ml
[ In Reply To ..]
I am not familiar with the Record Player - what is that?
Your post regarding "The Record Player" - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
Hi, The Record Player is free software that plays voice files, similar to Express Scribe, except that is is truly free, and has 4 channel capabilities, which if you are transcribing people who are sitting around a conference table for example, you can mute out the other speakers and concentrate on the person speaking at that particular time. It does play .wav files and I believe other file formats as well. I just started a job that entails multiple speakers and the sound quality is extremely clear. The website address is www.fortherecord.com.
How did you deal with the inability to know exactly where you are in TheRecord Player - for timestamping inaudibles, etc.?
[ In Reply To ..]

I know this is in relation to a very old post, but hopefully the above poster or someone else familiar with what I'm talking about will see it. 

Rev video files - SR

[ In Reply To ..]
Any luck with reading the legal disclaimers in some of the Rev video files? Even when I enlarge the video 2X I still can't read the disclaimer, but they want it transcribed.

Rev - Reba

[ In Reply To ..]
I work with Rev now. I like it very much because of the flexibility. I am kind of new with them but I am going to hang in there for the long term.

Average pay - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
Is the average pay they list pretty accurate? I need a second job to work part time and I would like the flexibility that Rev offers.

Rev Pay - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
As Fox Translate, (now Rev), they used to list the amount of pay on the "assignment" in a dollar amount. For example "file name and $48.00." If you completed that file, that is what you would get paid. Also, if for some reason, you couldn't complete the whole file and only did part of it, (because of time constraints, etc), you would not be compensated for the lines you typed.

Similar Messages:

Audio Files - Not A Technical Question
Oct 17, 2010

Just wondering what everyone's estimate percentage of poor quality (static and other issues) is for the work you do?  ...

ExpressScribe And Audio Files/CODEC?
Nov 02, 2010

I sure hope someone out there can help me with this. Due to this situation I will be losing each day and this is only day 1 at this point so need to get this resolved. Problem: I get my files through FTP, download them into ExpressScribe and then play via foot pedal. I have been able to do this on this same account for months. The other day my supervisor wants me to work on a new account so I proceed to get my files the same way as above, but when I put them in ExpressScribe I get a window that ...

Geardictate Encrypted Audio Files
Dec 31, 2010

Hi - I have been using express scribe for months without problem, receiving and sending transcription files.  Now, however, one of my contracts has started using geardictate.  I cannot open the files they are sending through express scribe?  Has anyone else had this problem?  After hours of looking for a solution via the internet I think the problem is that the files are encrypted when transferred?  Is there a way to open these files without having to go through th ...

Help! Audio Player That Can Play Dss, Wav, Mp3 Files
Jul 20, 2012

Ok, I'm a new at-home transcriptionist after working inhouse for years, and I am starting a new job soon but I'm confused.  I was told I need an audio player that plays dss, wav, mp3 files.  Can the free version of Express Scribe do this, or do I need the Pro version?  Are there any other free audio players I can download?  Sorry if this is a stupid question!   ...

Medquist DocQscribe Audio Files
Dec 17, 2013

I want to know where are the audio files of DocQscribe 7.1 are located.  I want to play the files in external player like express scribe or wav pedal.  If anyone knows where files are located, please tell me. ...

Access Audio Files Of InScribe (EMDAT)
Apr 29, 2013

Greetings- I am on EMDAT platform using InScribe client software.  According to EMDAT's website: "When a dictation is downloaded to a transcriptionist workstation, it is decrypted automatically and converted to an .MP3 file." https://www.emdat.com/software/faq.asp. EMDAT does state that they do not support using those files with other applications, but this only means that EMDAT Inc. won't provide you with technical support if you have problems with this procedure. However ther ...

Express Scribe - Change The File Format To Read .ra Or .rma (Real Audio) Files
Jun 17, 2010

Hi! I currently use Express Scribe for my dications with a USB universal pedal and need to change the file format to read .ra or .rma (Real Audio) files. I cannot figure out how to do this nor am getting anwhere on either Express Scirbe or Real Audio tech sites? I am trying to submit a test for a position. If you can help, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT Thanks!! Kymee ...

Anyone Know How To Convert .spf Files (ShortHand) To .txt Files For Autocorrect?
Sep 20, 2012

Thanks in advance!!! ...

DS2 Files
Aug 12, 2010

A large doctor's office I transcribe for is now sending files in DS2 format.  I have been using Express Scribe to open the files as DSS.  Is there any way to convert DS2 to DSS?   ...

.ds2 Files
Jul 20, 2011

What do you need to be able to transcribe .ds2 files? ...

? FTP Files
Apr 13, 2012

Have read several ads using FTP files,  I am not sure I know what this means,   would anyone care to share info if you know.     Ad reads something like,  knowledge of using FTP files.    Thank you ...

Wav Files
Jan 15, 2013

I am not able to use wav files with the above program.  I can only use dig files.   When downloading a wav file, I get an error message that says codec not found or no audio.   Can some one help me with this?   ...

DCT Files
Sep 24, 2013

does anyone know how to open a DCT file!?! ...

Mac And Wav Files
Feb 16, 2015

I have been out of the MT business for a couple of years but had an opportunity to do some parttime work. I have switched to a Macbook Pro and used to use Gearplayer and an Infinity foot pedal. Anyone know of something that would be compatiable with Mac since neither of these are? Also, wondered if my shorthand would work on it... Thanks for any advice.    ...

Old Escription Files
Apr 14, 2010

Can anyone tell me how to bring up old patient files on Escription/EditScript using version 8?  My company just upgraded from version 6 becasue it is not being supported anymore.  There are some changes between the two versions.  They did not give any directions, just said you need to upgrade, so do this.  I would really love to be able to go back and check things sometimes such as medications and previous diagnoses to make sure I hear them correctly, particularly when the sp ...

What's The Best Program To Run DSS Files On?
Aug 01, 2010

I downloaded ExpressScribe but the sound isn't that great.  I'm not sure if it's my file or if there's a better FREE program to download.  The files I'm trying to transcribe are .dss. Don't mean to be cheap, but I don't want to buy a program to test on if I'm not going to need it later. ...

What's The Best Program To Run DSS Files On
Aug 01, 2010

I downloaded ExpressScribe but the sound isn't that great.  I'm not sure if it's my file or if there's a better FREE program to download.  The files I'm trying to transcribe are .dss. Don't mean to be cheap, but I don't want to buy a program to test on if I'm not going to need it later. ...

DS2 VOICE FILES
Aug 10, 2010

Is there a way to convert a DS2 voice file to a DSS file, so I can play it in Express Scribe???? TIA ...

Client Files
Dec 01, 2010

I am saving all my client files from the last 3  months, as I have get to be paid.  What am I supposed to do with these files?  I am not getting rid of them because that is the only proof that I have that I worked for the company.  I am trying desperately to retrieve my monies due, but as of now, nothing.  I worked for 3 months and only received payment for 3 pay periods (5 weeks).  This is a crappy company and I only wish that I had believed all of the negarive pos ...

Windows 7 & .DSS Files
Feb 17, 2011

I had posted before about problems playing files with WAVpedal on my Windows 7, 64 bit computer.  Most of those problems have been resolved (thanks to my IT guy and NOT the tech guy at the software place).  However, I still can't play .DSS files.  I'm seeing elsewhere that I may need a codec or to convert these files in some way.  Can anyone out there explain to me how I'd go about doing this?   Thanks! ...

How Do You Play Mp3 Files
Jan 30, 2012

I downloaded test files and a trial version of the MS Word they want the reports typed in.  I am having problems now figuring out how to play the MP3 files.  Brain freeze, I guess.  Do I have to unzip or do "something" with them to get them to play?  Thanks so much. ...

Version Of ES For .rm Files?
Sep 10, 2012

Is someone able to help me with playing .rm or .ra files in Express Scribe? I have tried everything to download one file into Express Scribe. I did it one time, then my free trial ran out, so I had to uninstall/re-install, and now I cannot find any version that allows these type of files. I have also tried a converter, but do not want to purchase one because this is for a test. So, I'm wondering if there is a certain version of ES that does allow these files? OR, ANY other advice is gre ...

Opening .dct Files
Nov 16, 2013

i need to open a .dct file.  I guess I have to download the file to open this but don't know which one to trust.  Any suggestions??? Thanks! ...

I Need Software That Will Allow Me To Manage Wav Files. Sm
Nov 03, 2009

I am looking to purchase a software program and licenses where I can manage my transcription.  I do not want anything that is going to cost me so much per line or so much per MB.  Can anyone recommend something reasonable.  ...

PDF Files Through Acrobat Reader
Feb 05, 2010

I get an email with a log sent to me through PDF files that opens through acrobat reader.  The text fonts are so small sometimes it is very very straining to read.  Does anyone know how to make it larger?  Or can it be opened through something else to make it work?  Any help appreciated by these old eyes. Thank you ...

Can You Play Wav Files On Windows 7?
Mar 15, 2010

I went from Windows XP to Windows 7 and now cannot play any wav voice files.  Anybody know how to enable wav files on Windows 7? ...

Wave Files/C Phone
Mar 28, 2010

Hi: I don't mean to be stupid, but I am in the same boat a lot of you are and I can't t take this anymore. I started applying at other places but I have never worked for a co. that didn't supply me with all computer equip.  I have a newer Dell computer and I think it meets all the requirements most places are asking for and I have Word Perfect not MS Word.  I have a USB foot pedal.  I think I am ready to go for some places, but can someone briefly educate me on ...

ChartScript.net Voice Files
May 25, 2010

Does anyone get a error like this in Chartscript.net?  "Voice file failed to load.  Object does not support this property or method."  I need help fixing it.  Thank you! ...

Wave Files Player
Sep 02, 2010

Can someone point me in the direction of a very simple, easy to download and use, free voice wave player for transcribing test documents. Unfortunately I was one of the reduction in force letter recipients at Webmedx and now must do some testing.  Thanks for the help and all the support we have received on this board, it is nice to be a part of such a supportive group. ...

Tapes To Wave Files
Jan 18, 2011

I'm trying to find equipment/info that will convert microcassettes and mini cassettes to voice files.  I found a company called Martel Electronics and they have exactly what I'm looking for but when you click on it to buy the equipment it skips over and goes to like a home page.   I need something that will duplicate the tapes in speed recording time and not minute for minute or it will take me forever to convert.   Any help would be appreciated.  TIA ...