A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What mid-size to large companies are left that are not part of MQ? - Anti-MQ MT

Posted: Feb 06, 2012

I want to work as an employee and have benefits. I need health insurance and really want PTO.  I want a company big enough to be busy but I CANNOT AND WILL NOT  work for MQ again. 

I thought that DSG was the answer for me and have enjoyed working there the last 2 years.  Yesterday was my last day as I refuse to be an MQ employee even for a day.  I have a small savings account, and my husband has a decent job, so I am not desperate but I will need to be working within the month.

I read all the posts and see so much bitterness and hatred.  I know that all companies can't be that bad. 

I don't want negative posts, only positive ones please. 

If you like your job, who do you work for?  Why?  Do they pay more than 4 cpl for VRE and more than 7 cpl for straight transcription?  Better yet, do they have a lot of straight transcription?

I am not looking for perfect, I am looking for a good place to work.  I am experienced, reliable and can do any worktype with a 99% QA score.  Who would you recommend?

TIA Smile

Superior Global Solutions - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for them briefly (left for personal reasons). They pay dependably. They have a pretty good support system and your boss WILL answer his/her phone and emails (I used to work for the Q, too). QA gave me pretty good feedback, though was inconsistent, as is with all MTSOs. The VR wasn't too bad, either.

I was paid about 4 cpl for VR and about 9 cpl for straight typing.

I didn't like their platform, though. Escription, I think. Too much of the screen was taken up by the demographics. I only had about 40% of my screen for typing.

SGS is worth a try.

Superior Global Solutions - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope you don't mind me "butting in" on your conversation, but SGS is one of THE shadiest MTSOs in the industry. I was in management there, so I was privy to some of their practices. One of practices being that they demote Team Leads and QAs (hourly positions) to MTs-knowing that most QAs and TLs do not have a fast enough typing/editing speed to be able to support themselves-let alone a family...some have called it "starving the MTs out of a job." This way, the person will quit and SGS will not have to pay unemployment. They have demoted/fired over 100 people since November.
There has also been speculation that MQ will eventually be buying SGS. At one time, SGS and MQ were "partners." Basically MQ subcontracted work to SGS instead of outsourcing to India, but that only lasted from April-Novemeber. So who knows what may happen next. Search the archives on SGS...there is quite a bit of info available as of late.
If you do take the job, just keep in mind that they usually fire/demote at the end of the pay periods.
My suggestion would be Nuance Transcription. I currently work there and there is PLENTY of work. Also check at Accentus-best pay I have ever seen for MTs.
Either way, best of luck to you:)

What mid-size to large companies are left that are not part of MQ? - Anti-MQ MT - VTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance

dont worry, the Q, MModal will own it all soon - very soon my little pretties

[ In Reply To ..]
They will own the world.

They will not own the world - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
At some point, anti-trust and anti-monopoly laws will kick in.
doubtful - no anti-monopoly laws in effect
[ In Reply To ..]
They are not a US owned company, so these rules dont apply.

Good medium-sized company - Knitter

[ In Reply To ..]
Try Landmark. They are owned by ethical people and do not offshore.

Similar Messages:

Left Main Coronary Artery Of The Large Vessel Which S/l (traficakes) Into Large LAD...
Aug 29, 2010

left main coronary artery of the large vessel which s/l (traficakes) into large LAD... ...

Large Mass Of Left Breast.
Mar 08, 2010

Patient noticed bleeding from underneath her left breast.  A large mass was noted, which she thought was secondary to s/l "hider-in-dias."  Biopsy showed grade 3 infiltrating ductal carcinoma which was ER/PR negative.   Thanks! ...

Large MT Companies
May 27, 2013

Can someone tell me the names of any medium or large size MT companies that are NOT owned by Nuance and where you get benefits for full-time employee status (I'm not looking for IC status). Also, if the company happens to be great to work for (ha!) please let me know. ...

Can I Take A Poll? If You Work For A Semi-large To Large Co. SM
Sep 06, 2014

Here in the US, what are you making (without naming names) per line for straight typing and for VR?I see, below, about OTI lowering to 6.5 CPL straight type and I was just recently offered a job at 7 CPL straight type (as an IC).  I thought that was the going rate nowadays for company work.  Am I wrong?  Are there still some out there that pay a decent wage? ...

Are There Any Part Time Employees Left?
Aug 29, 2013

I wasn't on the boards for a little while, and now I'm seeing posts about all the part time people being laid off.  Is this true?  Do we know this for sure, or just speculation? ...

Left Proximal Humerus 'one Part' Fracture
Nov 18, 2009

nm ...

Any Good Companies Left Out There?
Apr 05, 2013

I've been in the MT business for 7 years now.  After being let go for low workload from my last company I was lucky enough to take the last 4 months off but now feeling the crunch and need to get back.  I've been with about 4 different companies in the past but now doing the research I just don't see any companies that people seem to LIKE to work for!  If anyone has a company that's legit and seems to be an okay place to work please let me know!!   Thank ...

Any Good Companies Left?
May 07, 2013

Are there ANY good companies out there? I only see negative about every single company that is hiring. Seriously, only negative.  Never a good word about any of them. Has it really come to this?  I work for Nuance so I know they are bad. I've worked for MedQuist, need I say it?  Both of these were not my choice but buyouts of fantastic companies.  So, let's hear it.... are there any good ones left? ...

Now That Synernet Is Going To VR, Are There Any Companies Left Sm
Aug 26, 2013

that have straight transcription, besides SoftScript?  I thought maybe I had found my home with Synernet, but they are now also handing out the big lie of how MTs can make just as much money with VR.  Greed wins, MT loses. ...

How Many Companies Are Part Of Nuance?
Feb 09, 2011

I was just reading another thread which makes me wonder how many companies are part of Nuance?  I take it Focus, OSI, Encompass,  some connection with Webmedx (maybe just with overflow), SGS, Execuscribe, Meditech.  Any others?  I'd really like to know because it seems every time I tried in the past to look for a new job I ended up applying with the same basic MTSO, though different names.  Is there any way to find out the names of the MTSOs that get swall ...

Are There Any Companies Left That Do Straight Transcription Instead Of VR?? NM.
Sep 11, 2011

x ...

Are There Any Good Companies To Work For Left?!!
Apr 10, 2012

Are there any decent companies left to work for?  I know its the trade these days, but I was making a lot more money 10 yrs ago when I started in this field than I am now.  So frustrating!!  My current company I run out of work ALL THE TIME, but dont know where else to even look that I'm not going go run into the same.  Any suggestions? ...

Looking For Part-Time Work Companies
Apr 10, 2012

Hi Everybody:  I am looking into going from full-time to just working PT now.  Any suggestions for companies that accept Part-Time would be helpful.  ...

Which Companies Hire Part Time And Also
May 11, 2012

don't lock you into a schedule (IOW, you can work whatever hours you want)? ...

Companies That Hire Part Time
Dec 16, 2014

Does anyone know of a good company to work for that hires part time??  That is all I want and alot of the companies on Job seeker's board want full time.  I would appreciate any input!! ...

Are There Any Companies That Do Straight Typing That Hire ICs Left? Sm
Mar 20, 2013

please message me if you have any advice.  Lost my great job to EMR and have NEVER done speech rec, but need a JOB! ...

Can You Work For Two Different Companies Part-time As An Employee At Each?
Aug 22, 2011

nm ...

I Still Work At MQ Part-time And Applying With Other Companies. Sm
Aug 22, 2011

What do you put on the application when they ask why you wish to leave, or the reason you left your last job?  I only had this question on one application.  Like I said, I still work part-time at MQ and my real reason is that my job will probably go to India like so many others have.  Would you actually put that reason or what reason would you give them? ...

Are There Any Companies That Hire Part Time IC Verbatim?
Jul 17, 2013

Thanks for the info! ...

Good Companies For Part-time IC Work?
Jul 19, 2014

Can you guys just make my life easier and tell me what companies are good to work for as a part-time IC?  I have been researching, but it is tedious and all I read are negative comments. ...

Are There Any Companies Left That Still Provide A Company Computer For Employees? Sm
Oct 07, 2012

I'm just talking about employees here, not ICs.  It amazes me that as a company employee, we would not be provided the most important tool we need to work with all set up to company specs, loaded with company s/w.  If we worked on site, would we be expected to bring in our own computers?  I don't think so. Thanks. ...

Aren't Any Companies Hiring Part-time? Frustrated!
Nov 09, 2009

I have applied at so many of these companies, taken and apparently passed the tests, filled out extensive interview forms, only to have them get back to me with "we don't have any part-time positions at this time". This is getting old and I am really getting frustrated. ...

Do Any Companies Offer Decent Insurance For Part-time?
Dec 31, 2009

nm ...

Companies Who Hire Part-time With The EScription Platform
Nov 22, 2010

Can you tell the names of companies who hire part-time with the eScription platform.  Wanting to learn this...   Thanks! ...

Do Any Companies Offer Health Insurance For Part-timers?
Feb 09, 2013

x ...

Companies That Hire Only Voice Recognition Part Time?
Feb 21, 2013

Is anyone familiar with any companies that hire only voice recognition part time?  I'm working at one now but I don't think it's going to work out. ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Any Companies Left That Has The "bill Me Later" Option For Electronic Spellcheckers And Bo
Oct 23, 2013

I recently started with a new company and my spellchecker disc is broken. Does anyone know of any company or website that lets you purchase these and bill you later? Years and years ago, Lippincott did this but now they don't. It was so helpful before. Are there any companies that do this anymore? Thanks for your help. I am broke but really need this for my job and it is several weeks before payday. ...

Companies That Still Transcribe. Are There Any Left That Do Just Transcribe And Not Editing From Voi
Nov 04, 2012

x ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...