A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Now that Synernet is going to VR, are there any companies left sm - Sad MT

Posted: Aug 26, 2013

that have straight transcription, besides SoftScript?  I thought maybe I had found my home with Synernet, but they are now also handing out the big lie of how MTs can make just as much money with VR.  Greed wins, MT loses.

Sorry to hear that - bztyper

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry to hear that, Sad MT, and sorry to hear Synernet fell for that malarkey about the pay equaling the same. Unless they're going with eScription and keep up the backend (which none of these places seem to want to do), we all know it will be an epic failure for the MTs.

I think the straight typing ones are still out there. I'd suggest trying to scout out some of the smaller places that may still have accounts with straight typing.

Sorry this happened to you (and to every Synernet MT).

Synernet VR - emma

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a chance for a job with Synernet about 6 months ago and wound up not taking it. Sounded like they wanted a lot. I did ask the interviewer if there was a chance they could go to VR and she didn't deny it could be a possibility, so sorry it happened to you. Even if you go with a small company sometimes you still have to worry about VR. I have decided if this company I am working for goes VR then I am just out of MT completely. The last few years have been so stressful, and most all of it is due to VR.

In same boat as you - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Thought I had finally found some security but realize now I'd better find another job before December. Grateful they gave us a little warning at least. Disappointed and fearful about the future.

Straight transcription - Fatigued Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
I am fortunate in that both my accounts are straight transcription. Don't know how long that will last, but I'm enjoying it while it does.

Busted !! didn't take long for your negative comments to get noticed - by the company nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Confused - No comprende

[ In Reply To ..]
Who was busted and I didn't find the comments were negative about the company, just about the switch to VR.

I'm confused?

All I can say is - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
bait and switch
*angry*
I'm like you -- I took the job at substandard pay sm - Duped MT
[ In Reply To ..]
because it was straight typing. When I asked about the VR rates quoted, it was blown off, as if that was a remote, not really big possibility. Now here I am ... duped. They do have good benefits, but that's about all you can say now.
All you can say? - Stubby
[ In Reply To ..]
I learned this information from the OP because I was not on the conference call; I definitely was caught off-guard initially. I am as disappointed as the you about the transition to VR, but let's face it, this is the new normal.

While it's true Synernet offers EXCEPTIONAL benefits, there are also many other positives - quantity of work (rarely run out), very few difficult dictators overall, ease of platform, ease of account specs (at least on my accounts), QA support; you are being disingenuous when you say the benefits are ALL they have. Compared to the things that are going on in this industry now as being posted on here on a daily basis, Synernet offers a whole lot more. I am confidant that there are few to no other companies that stack up when comparing pros & cons.

For the poster who referred to the greed & lack of loyalty - are you kidding me? This is business. Doctors & hospitals are consumers in a competitive market; no different than you and I are consumers and want to get the best deal when making our purchases and expect vendors to compete for our dollars, whether it's buying groceries at Walmart instead of the small hometown grocer or buying a car from the big city dealer instead of the neighborhood dealer. Thanks to the poor reimbursement by Medicare, Medicaid and all the private insurances, doctors & hospitals have to cut costs where they can - that means service providers must compete and that does not make the MTSOs or the hospitals greedy and disloyal.

I, for one, will be riding this transition out with a company who was already doing a whole lot of things right before they had to bend to the industry pressure to compete. I assure you straight typing is the new dinosaur - enjoy it while we can!
Question of honesty - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
When MTs fail to question the employer's stance when they no longer choose to pay according to technical skill and experience and accepts the situation where said employer boasts a huge pay cut to remain competitive in the market (when actually it is possible to pay labor their worth and have a quality product ... you get what you pay for...) that is when all is lost. Good luck to you who hang on but beware. 4 cpl will not support you in any way, shape or form, and you will not be paid for your expertise. If you love working at a place like that then enjoy.
Question of honesty - AM
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. I have always felt that many people took up transcription not because they were adept at it but because they could work at home. (The famous "mommies in jammies" picture comes to mind.) Consequently, we have some (I said SOME) in the workforce who do not know how to stand up for themselves, who think they have to accept any kind of treatment, etc. There are still jobs out there that pay 9 cpl and where people are treated decently. But you have to know how to find them (my boss does not want his name posted as he gets flooded with newbie resumes from matchbook schools). You have to know how to negotiate with the boss. You have to know when to call in a CPA and an attorney and how to use them. I think we are seeing kind of a culling of the herd through all of this. People who are really devoted to the profession will ride it out and have a voice in making changes. Others will continue to remain helpless because they have no business sense or education. This is not a "make wrong." It is a simple statement of reality. Having good keyboarding skills is great--but you also have to have/get some business smarts. I think that many MTSOs are realizing that cheaping out is not the way to go. As you said, you get what you pay for.
THey should have been honest when I asked about the VR rates sm - Duped MT
[ In Reply To ..]
quoted, rather than blowing it off as if it probably would never happen. THAT is not the quality of a company that deserves my trust. And if the OP had not posted, when would they have told us about this? If the phone call was going to reveal such big news that affects the MTs, shouldn't we have been told there was "important news" on the horizon and that we should attend the phone call if at all possible? Instead, they made it sound like corporate updates, blah, blah, blah stuff. I'm not disagreeing that VR is here to stay. I'm disappointed that yet another company chooses to be less than forthcoming about its implementation and also chooses to try to tell me that that I can still make a great living. We'll see what happens. I gave up a better paying straight typing job because I wanted benefits and was willing to settle for 7 cpl to get them. Now I guess we'll just have to see how low I'll settle for before I say enough. It is a personal choice, obviously.
Honesty - Stubby
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree that if you asked the question about VR and were given a "less than truthful" answer, then that is shady. I also agree that for news of this magnitude they should have made the conference call mandatory or have done an email announcement to all MTs at the same time rather than some of us finding out via a posting on a forum; that could have definitely been handled better.

However, even with those missteps, I'm not ready to jump ship yet. As I said they have been doing a lot of things right for the last few years when most others have already sunk to the levels I never thought we would see, so I am cautiously optimistic that they will continue to provide the MTs a platform and a pay scale through which we are able to earn a GOOD living while maintaining stellar benefits (the value of which makes the current 7 cpl much higher and I would expect it do the same for the VR rate). I don't know of another company that can or will add that much value to the base rate.

I have also commented before that most of the dictators are excellent on these accounts; of course there are few outliers, but as a whole pretty dang good. So if I've got to do VR, I'll at least try to stick with a company who has great dictators that shouldn't present such a challenge to the VR software and hopefully won't bog us down in corrections/rewrites.

We can't outrun VR; no matter where we go, it is going to show up so we need to find a place where we are getting the best and most complete package for our talent - right now, I still think that is Synernet. I sincerely hope none of you get to tell me "I told you so!"

Thanks for posting. I wouldn't have known about it sm - Synernet MT at least for now

[ In Reply To ..]
since I wasn't on the call. The email came after your post. I wonder when they would have told us otherwise. Guess I'm sad too.

I am not worried - Synernet MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I personally am not at all worried about this. They already made it quite clear that they are going to be very careful with this and only the dictators who speak clearly will be put on VR. The more difficult dictators will not be. This will prevent us from having to retype reports from scratch. Synernet has been the best company I have worked for, and I've worked for a lot during the course of my career. I am grateful that I almost never run out of work and the benefits are far superior to any other company I know of or have worked for. Where else will you get actual health benefits that compare to what hospital employees get AND 6 weeks of paid vacation time per year, which is paid at the amount you average per hour when you're actually typing so that you don't lose money when you take a vacation. I will be staying put. You can't run from VR these days. It's happening pretty much everywhere. If you decide to leave Synernet for a company that is straight typing, I can almost guarantee that you will end up in the exact same situation in the very near future.

Synernet VR pay? - april

[ In Reply To ..]
How much is Synernet paying for VR? Anyone?

4 cpl nm - yippee

[ In Reply To ..]
atrocious! - x
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Any One Ever Left Synernet And
Mar 19, 2014

Just sayin grass not always greener ...

Any Good Companies Left Out There?
Apr 05, 2013

I've been in the MT business for 7 years now.  After being let go for low workload from my last company I was lucky enough to take the last 4 months off but now feeling the crunch and need to get back.  I've been with about 4 different companies in the past but now doing the research I just don't see any companies that people seem to LIKE to work for!  If anyone has a company that's legit and seems to be an okay place to work please let me know!!   Thank ...

Any Good Companies Left?
May 07, 2013

Are there ANY good companies out there? I only see negative about every single company that is hiring. Seriously, only negative.  Never a good word about any of them. Has it really come to this?  I work for Nuance so I know they are bad. I've worked for MedQuist, need I say it?  Both of these were not my choice but buyouts of fantastic companies.  So, let's hear it.... are there any good ones left? ...

Are There Any Companies Left That Do Straight Transcription Instead Of VR?? NM.
Sep 11, 2011

x ...

Are There Any Good Companies To Work For Left?!!
Apr 10, 2012

Are there any decent companies left to work for?  I know its the trade these days, but I was making a lot more money 10 yrs ago when I started in this field than I am now.  So frustrating!!  My current company I run out of work ALL THE TIME, but dont know where else to even look that I'm not going go run into the same.  Any suggestions? ...

What Mid-size To Large Companies Are Left That Are Not Part Of MQ?
Feb 06, 2012

I want to work as an employee and have benefits. I need health insurance and really want PTO.  I want a company big enough to be busy but I CANNOT AND WILL NOT  work for MQ again.  I thought that DSG was the answer for me and have enjoyed working there the last 2 years.  Yesterday was my last day as I refuse to be an MQ employee even for a day.  I have a small savings account, and my husband has a decent job, so I am not desperate but I will need to be working within the ...

Are There Any Companies That Do Straight Typing That Hire ICs Left? Sm
Mar 20, 2013

please message me if you have any advice.  Lost my great job to EMR and have NEVER done speech rec, but need a JOB! ...

Are There Any Companies Left That Still Provide A Company Computer For Employees? Sm
Oct 07, 2012

I'm just talking about employees here, not ICs.  It amazes me that as a company employee, we would not be provided the most important tool we need to work with all set up to company specs, loaded with company s/w.  If we worked on site, would we be expected to bring in our own computers?  I don't think so. Thanks. ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Any Companies Left That Has The "bill Me Later" Option For Electronic Spellcheckers And Bo
Oct 23, 2013

I recently started with a new company and my spellchecker disc is broken. Does anyone know of any company or website that lets you purchase these and bill you later? Years and years ago, Lippincott did this but now they don't. It was so helpful before. Are there any companies that do this anymore? Thanks for your help. I am broke but really need this for my job and it is several weeks before payday. ...

Companies That Still Transcribe. Are There Any Left That Do Just Transcribe And Not Editing From Voi
Nov 04, 2012

x ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Electroencephalogram: Left Temporal Focal Slowing In The 6 Hz Range With Left Temporal Sharp Transie
Apr 18, 2010

nm ...

Preop Diagnosis Is S/l"kay-less" Foot Left. The Procedure Is Left S/l "cold" Mid
May 26, 2010

left calcaneal osteotomy.  ...

Synernet Or MD-IT
Aug 16, 2010

Does anyone out there have any experience working for on Synernet or MD-IT? ...

Synernet, Inc
Mar 27, 2011

Any recent info on Synernet, Inc in Portland, Maine?  Archives are quite old. ...

Synernet???
Jun 27, 2012

I have an interview with them coming up. They seem like they have a good reputation and the benefits look really good. One thing I am wondering about them is just how flexible are the schedules? For example, right now I am able to work a regular 2nd shift position with no problem (I currently work 2nd shift and prefer it to other shifts), but when school starts my kids will have sports and Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts and I have to take them to their meetings. The place I currently work at, they ...

Anyone Know About SYNERNET?
Aug 23, 2012

Does anyone have an opinion about Synernet? I only worked for them 1 mo and I can't wait to leave! ...

Synernet?
Feb 01, 2013

I just applied at Synernet and took their test.  It was pretty easy.  Has anyone ever worked for them?  How is the pay?  It says in the ad that they have excellent benefits.  Are they fairly flexible as far as scheduling?  Any feedback would be appreciated.  They sure sound like a decent company! ...

When Is Synernet Going To VR?
Dec 11, 2013

Just wondering when Synernet will be going to VR?  I wish they would post something on the message board when they have the conference calls for the ones that weren't able to attend.  ...

Synernet At It Again
Jan 30, 2014

First the dire email: Mandatory OT by end of week with at least 2 hours on Saturday. Just forget if you had plans for the weekend. Say what time you will be working and have to work those hours and put who okay'd those hours on your timesheet (you might lie you know). So you do that because you want to help the company out and it's nice to have OT again. So today, email, oops, some people cleaned up all the work so no OT today, but still MIGHT have it on Fri and Sat. Just stay tuned a ...

Any Synernet Mts On Here That Have
Apr 07, 2014

step-by-step instructions of how to handle priority reports? ...

What Is Going On At Synernet
Apr 30, 2014

Is it me? Or what. Just what the heck is going on... anybody out there experiencing some strange things... ...

Job With Synernet
Jul 15, 2014

I am applying for a job with Synernet and will be testing tomorrow. Can anyone tell me approximately how many lines I'd need to type a day to make... lets say 80-85 dollars a day?  I'd appreciate any rough ideas please. I know that most companies have really dropped their cpl since I stopped transcribing years ago, but wow! It's gonna be a challenge to make some money I guess! ...

Synernet VR
Aug 08, 2014

Has anybody actually did the math for the VR with 2000 lines a day/14,000 lines a week at 4 cents a line.  You may be shocked. ...

Synernet PTB
Oct 08, 2014

This msg goes out to J and V.   I would love to email or call you and address my concerns over this but I could not trust that my name would not be brought up and I would just have hell to pay later.   I (we) would love it if you would do something about the supervisors cherry picking their work types.  Why dont they work from a pool like the rest of us?  It is obvious when certain report types (PE tubes, T&A's, cataracts, etc. etc. are being done by t ...

Synernet
May 26, 2015

Anyone ever applied to Synernet and been rejected saying you did not pass their test?  I just completed an online assessment and they said I did not pass it, which is bull crap.  I would stake my life on it that I DID pass it.  What is their problem?  I have been working for 38 years and I certainly know everything they asked.  I want to see the results. ...

Hey Synernet!
Jun 17, 2015

How many emails do we have to get from LL and other micromanagers about helpers on the weekend?  Are we deaf or something?  Gimma a break.  Insulting and overkill.  Treat us with respect and quit treating us like idiots who do not know how to read. ...

What Is The Pay At Synernet?
Jun 27, 2015

nm ...

Anybody Happy At Synernet?
Nov 10, 2009

Archives have mostly negative stuff - is anybody there happy?  Some conflicting info too about whether they have 55 or 65 character lines - can anyone clarify?  Anybody making a decent wage that works there?  Do they have line bonus incentives?  Any info appreciated. ...