A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TransTech - applied and tested? Does it take days, weeks? - question

Posted: Jan 23, 2011

What's the norm for them as far as getting back to a person who applied and tested? Does it take days, weeks?  Thank you for any help!

not enough for more MT's - TTer

[ In Reply To ..]
Hope they don't get back to any more MT's ever! We don't have enough work with the MT's they have already hired.

More accounts is what TransTech needs, not MT's.

There is plenty of work if - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
you work the later shifts, not the 8-5 shift that everybody wants. I work the second shift and I have never run out of work. They usually get back to you in 3 to 4 days after you test.

I'm on 2nd shift and recently have been indeed running out of work - On a regular basis

[ In Reply To ..]
For the past couple of months. This had never been an issue before, but I'm assuming they've overhired for this account and now even the PM shift is "survival of the fittest," with from what I can gather 3-4 of us battling for maybe 100 jobs during our shift.

Totally sucks.
Running out of work - MT65
[ In Reply To ..]
I have also run out of work, and I am second shift too. Every time it gets close to the end of the pay period, like Saturday and Sunday, there is practically no work at all. I am sitting here, waiting for a few very tiny reports to come through, and I don't know if I will make my line count, so it does get slim, particularly around this time.
Maybe we're on the same account cuz I'm sitting here waiting, too, LOL! - Work runs out Friday night
[ In Reply To ..]
And I lose 2 days of my shift EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND. I can always count on work running out halfway through my shift on Friday night and then no work at all on Saturday unless it's a random late report being dictated.

I love TT but I'm seriously looking at other options, at least part-time, to supplement. I think they've overhired and they're not going to be able to turn this around. Not to mention the fact that not having any work for 4 days out of a 10-day pay period pretty much renders me "part time" in my view.

Bet we are on the same account - MT64
[ In Reply To ..]
I feel better knowing I am not alone in this mess, but feel sorry for you too. I dread coming toward the weekend and knowing it will be this way. Many times I have volunteered to work on an acct. on Sundays, only to find out that there is no work. It is worse toward the end of the pay period too. I got an e-mail yesterday stating that we had to get moving to keep ahead of the turnaround time and we had to get a certain amount of reports done quickly. What happens then is that everyone jumps on the accounts we are on and then there is no work left at all. I don't understand the hiring frenzy right now either. This happened at a couple of other places where I worked; they over-hired, and then had too many MTs, and no work for the regular staff. I am sitting here really getting anxious over this. I changed to part-time, thinking it would be easier for me to meet my line count, and I was warned that if I did not make it this time I would be gone. I am so very, very close, and keep looking at the time and thinking I hope some kind of miracle happens and work comes along. This is really stressful. I wish you all the best though, and do know how you feel. If you want to contact me, just send me an e-mail. Thanks!
Same thing for me on my 2nd shift at another company - lka
[ In Reply To ..]
For at least the last 2-3 months and we get an email 3 times a day telling us the jobs on the system. The other day there ere 46 jobs... and they called on everybody to work extra if they wanted to... well, guess what, for me I ran out of work after 5-6 hours. I send them an email and I never hear back. I ask them to be straight with me. I am not rude, but persistent and I never hear back from them. Hesitate to look elsewhere because from what I see on this board here, everyone has this problem. I know they must over-hire where I am at. Irks me to no end.
sky is falling per TT -- 70 jobs out there to be edited by how many MT's ??? - TT low work
[ In Reply To ..]
It makes me almost "upchuck" when that evening lead sends out such disgusting asnd irrigating emails -- obviously she does not get paid by the line! I really think she just has found a new cartoon to send out to us! IRK!

Amazing 70 jobs out there to be edited and probably that many MT's on the shift GRABBING for just one more job. Totally disturbing!!!! Her little cartoon in the email DOES NOT makes up for NO WORK on the shift!!!! She thinks we sit there ha-ha'ing at her cartoon while we are waiting for another job to come down the pipe . . . UGH!

Thank you - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

I see... - they were advertising

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry to hear that. They were advertising on another site. Thanks for the response.

This happens to me all the time - Old and Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I work Sunday evenings and on the last day of the pay period, I'm lucky if I get any work. I have mentioned this numerous times about how they are always pushing for people to work extra and then when it comes time for my regular shift, there is nothing. I was told I should "bank" hours during the week-- which is great for them as I am working a lot of extra hours to make up for the fact there is no work on Sundays. That would be fine with me, but I am still expected to be sitting at the computer waiting for the work to trickle in when I already have my hours and lines in for the week. It would be nice to not have to work on Sunday nights at all in this case, but I am still stuck for those hours because it is my "regular shift", with no "on call pay"-- it's great for them to say the least.
BINGO! - TTer
[ In Reply To ..]
That's what annoys me, too. I don't mind "banking" hours during the week to compensate for lines lost on Friday and Saturday; however, I do NOT feel it's right for them to expect 2, 3 or 4 of us to be sitting by the computer on nights there is clearly no work. At this point, they should rotate us as being "on call" on Friday or Saturday or Sunday night when there is no work, rather than having several of us chained to our PC updating the cue to see if a job has come through. It's crazy and we're not earning any money for our efforts.
What does it mean when they tell you to "bank your hours?" - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Banking hours - Old and Tired MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm supposed to work extra hours during the week to make my total just in case there isn't any work available on Sunday. I still have to work my regular shift on Sunday anyway, whether there is any work or not.
Ditto, Old and Tired MT! - TTmt
[ In Reply To ..]
Same exact scenario here and same definition of "banking" hours, too. I wouldn't mind at all but geez...don't chain us to the PC on nights when there is clearly no work. I wonder if we're on the same account, LOL!
I thought we weren't supposed to work over 40 hours a week? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
so if you work over 40 hours a week just to get your line count, how are we supposed to document that?
OT at TransTech -- NO, NO - TT broke MT
[ In Reply To ..]
you need to read VERY CAREFULLY D's email re NOT working overtime!!!!! unless approved!!!!!!

That should answer that question. If you can't get your required line count within your 40 hours, sunk ship. ILLEGAL to work OT in order to get line count.
So basically we aren't supposed to have a life as we are chained to the PC - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I used to site for at least 6 hours A DAY because of no work - no longer TTr
[ In Reply To ..]
and then have to make up the hours and lines on the weekends because of no work during the week.

That was after the last hire, not the latest. Before that, there was always plenty of work all the time.

TT was a good company but evidently, they have changed since VR came along.

As for the cartoons that another poster commented on, I used to like them. It gave me a laugh.
Sorry, that should be sit, not site. (nm) - no longer TTr
[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

TransTech - Anyone Recently Applied/tested?
Nov 13, 2009

Has anyone recently applied/tested for TransTech?  I tested 11/04 and still haven't had any kind of a response.  Any info if they're good/bad to work for??  Thanks in advance for any info.  ...

Applied And Tested For M*Modal
Mar 06, 2012

My question is this?  What is everyone's issue really?  I see a lot of complaining but I have found that in this industry if you do your work and stick to your schedule you make plenty of money.  In addition, I see complaints regarding not getting answers to questions, etc.  Can you not get information from account specs and research?  Again, this is an industry where you have to do some leg work to get the job done 90% of the time (most companies do not have team l ...

Has Anyone Applied/tested With Inscribe And Heard Back?
Dec 12, 2013

Has anyone applied/tested with Inscribe and heard back?  Thanks. ...

What Is The Deal With TTS? About 3 Weeks Ago I Applied
Apr 07, 2013

through a post on a job board. I took the test, which was open book and untimed. I checked each answer before submitting so I know I got everything correct. I have over 20 years of experience with multiple specialties. I never heard anything. Then there was a post here to send resume directly to the recruiter, not through the website, which I did. Then there was an ad to apply for Dictaphone accounts directly to the recruiter, which I did. I still haven't heard anything.    ...

Has Anyone Applied To The Gulf Coast Ad From A Couple Of Weeks Ago? Sm
Dec 04, 2012

How is the platform?  What is the pay range?  How flexible are the hours?  TIA ...

Tested For Opti-Script 4-5 Days Ago And Have Never Heard Anything
May 05, 2011

I tested for Opti-Script 4-5 days ago and have never heard anything. Do they let you know if you did not pass the test? Their website said someone would notify within 24 hours. ...

Applied To Transolutions A Few Days Ago
Jun 17, 2011

I applied to Transolutions a few days ago shortly after they posted their ad, but have heard nothing. Just wondered if anyone else has applied and had no response? I'm not a newbie, but have over 15 years in the medical transcription industry. ...

Way To Go Nuance! After 2 Weeks Of OOW, Most Days, 0 Net Pay
Jan 11, 2014

xx ...

Transolutions--applied And Tested--no News Good News? Anyone Else Heard? Nm
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

TransTech Oncology - Sitting And Waiting For Work To Come In For Weeks
Jan 05, 2013

I am an oncology MT with TransTech and have been sitting and waiting for work to come in for weeks.   In the last 2 weeks, I have had about 16 hours worth of work.  I'm worrying about how I am going to pay my bills.  Then I come to this site and see that TransTech is once again advertising for Oncology MTs.  This makes me SO ANGRY!!!  Why would a company do this?  Why advertise jobs when their current employees have no work at all??   ...

TransTech - 6 Days And I've Heard Nothing Since Testing
Jan 25, 2011

Well, it's been 6 days and I've heard nothing since testing. I think I'm just going to get out of this field completely. I don't have to work, but the extra income was nice. I don't need it, though, so I'm going to quit my job and this south-bound "career" and move onto greener pastures, maybe just focus on my home and children for a while, which gets the back burner to this crap from having to sit at this god-forsaken computer INTO THE NIGHT during a DAY job just t ...

Week, Weeks Or Weeks' History
Aug 25, 2012

still confused as to how or when to use the above mentioned. anyone? thank you, THMT ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

Has Anyone Tested With AHD?
Feb 03, 2014

Can anyone tell me the process with this company on testing? What is the test like? How long before you hear back from them.  Do they let you know either way whether you have the job or not? ...

Anyone Tested With MXSecure?
Nov 14, 2010

I recently saw a job ad for this company and am considering testing for a job.  The job ad does not specifically state their equipment requirements.  I went to their company web site to try to find out, but I can't find any place where they list whether you need a footpedal to take the test.  I feel like a bonehead because I'm sure I must be missing it somewhere.  I did find where they list some hardware and internet requirements and it just says you need speakers a ...

Has Anyone Tested For Alltype?
Apr 23, 2011

Has anyone tested for Alltype? I got to test with editing and they sent me 4 tests to edit, but the catch was, these were not voice files. I just had to edit what I saw. I found it very difficult to edit without the voice. ...

Tested With Execuscribe
Jun 06, 2011

I passed the test with a 98% but I did not get the job because of my experience level. That really angers me. They told me that they would keep my resume on file. How am I supposed to get a job? ...

Has Anyone Here Tested For E-MT Positions?
Mar 02, 2012

I just finished the testing -- all transcription of reports from new facility.  It was probably average compared to other companies.  They seem to focus on OP reports which were not too terribly difficult.  They seem very nice so far.   ...

Anyone Tested With Documed?
Apr 27, 2012

Has anyone tested with Documed?  If so, what did you think?  ...

Tested For Accentus
May 09, 2012

Hey guys, I just got done testing with Accentus and I've been searching the archives on here for some info that I am not able to find.  Do they provide you a computer or do you use your own?  Thanks in advance for any and all responses. ...

Tested And Got An Eye Opener
Dec 04, 2012

I tested last week and got such bad dictation I could not believe it. I tried to transcribe it as if I was getting paid the usual 8 CPL and realized it would take more time to complete it and I would be making zero money. Sloppy H&P with a heavy accent, whispering AND loud background noise; a coronary catheterization dictation that I commend an MT on even completing that I was supposed to edit. I sent the test back anyway and got an email saying I didn't pass the minimum, whatever tha ...

Has Anyone Ever Tested With Acusis
Jan 28, 2014

Has anyone ever tested with acusis and got an email to look over the scheduling and pay and had their computer tested by them and never heard from them again?  I was assuming I was getting hired, but I guess I shouldn't assume anything anymore.  Once they find out I have bad credit (which I think is what happened), they don't email again. ...

Any One Tested And Passed
Apr 18, 2014

from recent ad? Any action after that? Thanks.   ...

NEMT Anyone Tested
Feb 15, 2015

Has anyone tested for NEMT?  If so, what did you think?  Thanks! ...

Anyone Tested For Keystrokes?
Jun 11, 2015

Has anyone tested for Keystrokes?  If so, can you tell me how long before you hear from anyone regarding testing, interview, etc.?  Thank you! ...

I Tested With Synernet And Did Great
May 13, 2010

I tested with Synernet and did great (I thought). That was 2 days ago and I have not heard a thing. Should I e-mail again or just "let it be"? ...

Has Anyone Else Tested For Medscribe In Florida
Jul 20, 2010

I tested for them on Saturday and received an email shortly thereafter asking me to contact Monday to go over what positions they have.  I called first thing Monday a.m., left a message and have called back numerous times and can't get anyone to call me back or to answer.  Anyone else have any luck with them?  TIA ...

Anyone Ever Tested Or Worked For Inscribe?
Aug 11, 2011

Has anyone ever tested or worked for Inscribe? ...

Has Anyone Here Tested For IMedX? I Am Wondering
Sep 26, 2012

if there is any way I can put the voice files in Express Scribe?  I have no clue how to pase or rewind the way they have them. ...

Just Tested With United In N. Carolina
Jun 03, 2013

Just tested with United in N. Carolina. I need FT status. Please tell me about this company. Looks like good hours (7-3), but says "flexible" how does that work? Also, is it straight typing or VR or both? Benefits? PTO? Thanks! ...