A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

New to Transcend. Do they pay for the lines in canned text? Nomo - mt

Posted: Mar 13, 2010

Yes, as far as I can determine.... - CrankyOldBroadOnTheBeach

[ In Reply To ..]
My primary account hasn't got a lot of canned text that came with it--but I've created a lot of my own "inserts" (that's what they call "normals" in BeyondTXT) of my own--and my line counts are the same as they always were.

Hiring new MTs?? - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
It simply amazes me that Transcend keeps hiring and has job ads on MT job boards for new accounts, etc when they currently have MTs complaining about not having enough work for their shifts and what not - I am an ex-Transcender and know this first hand. Keep the ones busy that you already have employed would make sense, right?

Too much work - --

[ In Reply To ..]
I am sorry you had a bad experience. Ever since the merger, I have had so much work. My accounts are bursting right now. One account is new and they are probably adding people to it, but for now it has unlimited work. Actually, I wish the volumes would come down a bit, so I would not feel so obligated to work extra.

See the post on the main board about how - TLs take work away from certain people

[ In Reply To ..]
Incompetents and whiners among them. Can't speak for any particular person's competence, but whining is another matter altogether. Does the shoe fit?

Read the posts Yourself !!!! - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
No the shoe doesn't fit - I do not work there anymore - THANK GOD!!!! But it seems that nothing has changed at all since my departure - and if I am a "whiner" - then there are many in my shoes on this board - I am just expressing my opinion as everyone else, but unfortunately some Transcenders are expressing lack of work for various reasons. It is an ongoing issue - can you explain that??

no work available - old mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I have to agree that there is no work available. I don't limit myself on work types, I do them all, just there is no work available. But I know all the reports that have canned text are being ripped out from under my nose daily, probably by my team lead. If there are 3 jobs on the system to be transcribed they ask for more people to be added to the account. They must get paid by the number of people they supervise.

This is my experience too! - MDI/trans

[ In Reply To ..]
I have experienced the very same thing, and have had reports taken right out from under my nose daily. Everytime they ask for help there are only a few reports to be done, and these are quickly gone, which is why I wonder why they want everyone to jump on board so quickly! I feel good for the people who are getting work, but there are some of us that are downright miserable and I get depressed everytime I sign on and see that there is very little work and everyone is grabbing what they can, which is understandable..most of the work grabbed is always the easiest first.
EXACTLY - ME
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree!!
Thank you - MDI/trans
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for agreeing with me, sometimes I feel so very alone, as if I am the only one experiencing this, especially when others say they are overflowing with work..I just wonder whether they are already on BeyondTXT or still on Bayscribe. Again, thanks:)

Yes, they do pay for canned text, normals, etc. - You will have plenty of work

[ In Reply To ..]
as long as you don't limit yourself to certain specialities and/or WT. Those without work are usually in that category.

Sounds like the voice of a TL speaking - :smile - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
Makes no difference - sorry - read many of the prior posts.

Nope. Not a TL. Just one down in the trenches who - has lots of work available.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
lots here too - love my job
[ In Reply To ..]
I have lots of work too; Escription platform and not a TL. Never been treated harshly; but I live by treating others how I want to be treated and have never had a problem.

RUN from this company, management treats employees like dogs - ME

[ In Reply To ..]
RUN from this company. They will make your life miserable.

Transcend - ME

[ In Reply To ..]
BEWARE!! The management of this company treat their employees lower than dogs. You deserve better!!

GROWF! - No dog here

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess I'm supposed to bark and growl, if I'm being treated like a dog....

If being paid in full, on time, having plenty of work, and management more or less staying out of my way makes me a dog, then....

GROWF!

ROFL !!!!! - rrrrrgggghhhhh!

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Well, one MT got fired and is not dealing well with it. She's a very good MT, but the stress f - ME
[ In Reply To ..]
Take a look again at this company. Not worth working for them. They are the dogs!!!
I am sure that you are right in your opinion..sm - rgghh
[ In Reply To ..]
I was only ROFL about how "no dog here" expressed her disagreement with "GROWF."
They are the dogs - I quit, too
[ In Reply To ..]
They would most likely be pit bulls or Dobermans with big jaws ready to take a bite out of MTs.
Fired - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
O got fired as well for going 3 consecutive days in a row without production, not on my part, but by Transcend having too many MTs typing in my same pooling and my work pool being dried up everytime I checked it. So how could I produce when I was constantly looking at a blank screen. They are the dogs and only care about their as I call them "fat cats." Good luck to the MTs with tons of work, as it probably will not last long, it never does. Transcend I believe has made TAT into 5 minutes of being put into the system and call in their SWAT team to get work out that is less than an hour old - that is what the big joke is about this company. Just my opinion ---
I agree. One TL there must be blonde.. she doesn't follow people's schedules correctly. - ME
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. One TL there must be an air head, as she fires if you work on your day off too.
Yes, they treat their MTs like Lassie, you got that right!! - ME
[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, that's right. They treat them like "lassie".

Similar Messages:

Question About Canned Text
Oct 18, 2011

I am looking at possibly accepting a position that has most typing full reports, but also has "canned texts" that pay 3.5 cpl.   Is this a normal pay offered?  If I have a lot of canned text reports can I make a decent wage?  Is there anything to know about canned texts that would make me reconsider?  Thanks for the advice.  ...

Canned Text Meditech
Apr 30, 2012

How do you make a canned text in Meditech or is there even a way to make a canned text in it?   TIA ...

Question About Charging For Canned Text
May 02, 2010

Hi, I am new here, just stumbled across this site and is seems very imformative.  I just found out this week that my job is being eliminated due to the hospital I am working for going to an outside service.  I am actually in better shape than the other 5 MTs because I have my years in for full retirement, 32 years to be exact.   I have already picked up a small job working for a local cardiologist.  My question is, I quoted her a per line rate and she is balking on payi ...

I Had To Remove So Much "canned Text" Output!
Jan 09, 2014

Oh goody, all patients now have lungs that are clear to auscultation no matter what was dictated, et cetera, et cetera. I want to smack every one in this company who thinks that it is okay to program the SR recognition software to automatically output such! ...

Transcend. Is Any One Reaching 350+ Lph VR On Beyond Text
Feb 18, 2012

MT At Transcend Who Does 40,000 Lines A Pay Period
Dec 22, 2010

Hey, about 3 years ago there was an MLS who did at least 40,000 lines per 2-week pay period at Transcend.  In fact, there was even an article about her and about 5 other transcriptionists supposedly "invaluable" to their MTSOs in one of those AHDI journals. How do you suppose she was doing over 40,000 lines in 10 working days per pay period?   I don't see how it would be possible to consistently edit 500 or more lines an hour every day on that Beyond Text platform that Transc ...

Transcend - BeyondText Platform - What Text Expander Do You Recommend?
Aug 17, 2011

x ...

How Many Lines/hour Do You Average Doing Editing At Transcend? Sm
Jan 19, 2010

Hi, could anyone post what your lines per hour have been for the editing on BeyondTXT?  What would be considered good?    ...

Did They Tell You If Your QC Was Canned?
Oct 09, 2012

My CCM bit the bullet, not that I care, but I havent heard from my QC all day and I asked her a question several hours ago..I hope the CCM didnt take her with her,,,she is the best... ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

Instant Text - How Do You Bold Text?
Dec 07, 2011

I'm new to IT and have a question:  How do you bold text?  I went into "Edit" and see several options but not for bolding. Yes, it's probably in the manual but I'm on the clock right now so hope someone will post it here. Thanks! ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

Are MS Word Lines The Same As Medquist Lines?
Jan 18, 2011

I am having a discrepancy issue with lines....wondered if MS Word and Medquist use a different number of characters per line.  Thanks.... ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average Per Day
Jul 13, 2011

How many lines do you average per day - VR and traditional?  I know it's been VERY slow lately, but when things are going well, how many lines do you normally get? I'm trying to figure out where the average numbers are.  For me, I do about 350 trad and about 1400 VR in 8 hours. Well, my timesheet says 8 hours, but my clock says that number MAY(!) be a little higher.  Again, these are numbers I pull when things are going well and I'm not waiting for work to download. I'v ...

How Do You Get Text Out From Under A
Apr 21, 2012

I can't find the directions.  xx ...

OB/GYN In Text?
Jul 17, 2014

I am typing a report where dictator is talking about the patient's ob/gyn.  How do you type this?  Ob-gyn, OB/GYN or what. It is within a line of the report, not a heading.  ...

Help With Instant Text
Oct 14, 2009

Anyone have any good websites for Instant text tutorial or questions?  I did read through productivity talk and did find what I needed.  I have not used this software in years.  I use autotext, but I would like to use the line counting software that comes wtih IT.  I am trying to figure out a short cut to copying text, right clicking on IT , clipboard statistics, and logging each note. Any thoughts on how to do this with keystrokes and NOT the mouse? I am using Scribe Editor ...

Text Size
Jan 02, 2010

I forgot the easy way to adjust text size.  Hope someone can help. Is it still possible to search for something here?  I can't find the "search" line.   ...

Text Expander..HELP!
Jan 18, 2010

I was forced to switch to Windows 7 and I found that Stedmans Smartype was no longer compatible. After shedding some tears, I am searching for a new one. Does anyone have any suggestions about any medical text expanders that are good and work similar to Smartype (that work within WORD). I am currently looking at Speedtype...does anyone have any reviews on that? Thank you!! ...

Text Expander?
Apr 08, 2010

text expander? ...

Qualified Text?
May 06, 2010

Does anybody work for a company that pays less for something called "qualified text" or in other words pays less for templates, like 10 cpl for transcription but only 5 cpl for the template lines?  Were you with them when they paid full rate for those lines?  I am trying to find out how much impact (perhaps percentage) this has on the bottom line - a paycheck.  The company I work for is going to start doing this and I am wondering how much it is going to hurt.  Obviously it w ...

Disappearing Text
Jun 03, 2010

I don't know what combination of keys I hit but all of a sudden the text in front of where I am editing disappears.  What combination of keys will stop this.  I thought it was control + insert but that did not help. Any help appreciated. Thanks ...

Instant Text And VR
Sep 18, 2010

Just wondered about what you all think is the best expander to use with VR. I used to use Shorthand up to a couple of years ago and now work with Instant Text. It seems to me that Shorthand is very very popular with the VR crowd. Does anyone use Instant Text successfully with VR? The version of IT I have (V  Pro) does not have the recording functions and the ability to use shortcuts (like Alt+ and Control+) like Shorthand does. Nor is there there an ability to record commands or key combina ...

Instant Text V
Feb 08, 2011

I was wondering if anybody working on the DQS system is able to use Instant Text V  and if so, how did you convert it over ?  Thank you for any help. Donna ...

Does Anybody Use Instant Text?
Apr 06, 2011

Does anybody use Instant Text?  I just started using it and CANNOT figure out how to get "-year-old" to expand without a space in front of the first hyphen.  I am ready to scream!  Please help!  ...

Instant Text V Pro Help
May 08, 2011

I am having issues with linking Instant Text V Pro with eScription.  The greenlight is on saying that it is linked, but I am not able to get any of my keystrokes to work.  If anyone is familiar on how to do this please let me know.  I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!! ...