A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Imedx/TransTech merger - Questons/Thoughts

Posted: Aug 12, 2014

An MT (or supervisor) was kind enough several days ago to come on this website and share the inside info she had about events occurring in the near future such as accounts, some of which I believe are accounts that support my family, going offshore.  I appreciate that MT very much stepping forward.  I and others have since asked some questions which have not been answered, maybe because the thread was several days old when the questions were asked or perhaps that MT hasn't come back to the MTstars website recently, or perhaps she feels she has shared enough info. 

If you work at TransTech, please read the thread below about Imedx/TT that is several days old now.  If you have any infomation you can add, it would be of benefit to all of us to share. 

We have had recent e-mails about changing to Imedx e-mail system (which we have not started using as of yet but were asked to input our info), sorting out of equipment etc.  Doesn't it feel like something big is about to happen?  TransTech and Imdex merged March 1st.  That makes September 1st six months.  I predict that is when the real changes will begin to take place.  I bet their contract called for a 6-month transition.  

I wonder if that is D-day when my account will disappear to India to be done by a person willing to work for much less than me.  I wonder if that is the day I will receive a phone call saying I don't have a job tomorrow.  I wonder if there will be enough work on another account that maybe I won't be laid off. 

Or I could be completely wrong.  

Maybe we will be moved to other accounts - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
or offered IC status with IMedx, as on mtjobs IMedx has an IC ad.

Yes, it would be really nice to know the truth - verynervous

[ In Reply To ..]
so that we could prepare or start looking for another job. It is awful that our lives are seeming to hang in the balance with this. I am already starting to look for part-time work just in case this is all true, which I really do have a suspicion it is from what has happened with other "mergers."

The truth - Questions/Thoughts

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, the truth would be really nice. There seems to be a huge lack of honesty in this profession by MTSOs and there has been for years.

If I thought I would get the truth, I would just ask TransTech what was going on. My guess is my questions would go completely unanswered.

TransTech, if you are reading this, please put our minds at ease and respond. I remember back to the conference call 5 months ago where we were told that all TransTech accounts would stay in the US as they always have, that this merger was going to go smoothly (unlike what many others had experienced in the past) and there would not be any changes? Is that still the case?

I had thought the same thing - verynervous

[ In Reply To ..]
about just flat out asking them if I was going to lose the account I work on. If they still keep an eye on this board, I too, hope they put things to rest one way or the other.
Do you really think they are going to inform you and everyone else so that a mass exodus can occur? - business is business
[ In Reply To ..]
x

I get the whole "business is business" thing... - UneasyWriter

[ In Reply To ..]
but I sure would love someone in the know to just spill it. Use some random IP and give us a bullet point list and a timeframe. We had one "in the know" brave enough. I hope they come back or another steps us for us MTs as well. I've loved TT. I have always felt like we are tight - so maybe they will.
When your company is bought by another, the - smartest thing you can do is to - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
start making plans to leave - NOW. The bought-out MTs always get the short end of the stick in these deals. They want and are buying your company's ACCOUNTS; they only want you and your co-workers for the short time it will take to convince the accounts that they'll do as good a job on them as your original company is doing. Then, they'll pull those account out from under you and send them overseas. Or at the very least, give them to there newer and/or lower-paid MTs. You'll either get laid off, or if you're lucky, saddled with horrible accounts that you can't make a living working on.

I have been watching that thread below.... - UneasyWriter

[ In Reply To ..]
as well. I appreciate you putting this up top so that it gets noticed, Questions/Thoughts.

I am sure others have information, and I hope they share. I had the same thoughts as you regarding timing and that it feels like we are preparing for some kind of huge change with the alignments on iMedX's part. I feel as if I am in hurry up and wait mode. I would just like the virtual shoe to go ahead and drop already.

Thanks again for this thread. I hope we get some solid input.

My company "merged" with iMedX - and my account went to India

[ In Reply To ..]
Without notice to me or any of the other MTs on a particular account, our work vanished into thin air. It was offshored to India. These were mostly American doctors, easy to understand, no accents, good dictators. I imagine the difficult dictators will stay with MTs in the United States. Also, iMedX makes all MTs use THEIR platform, which is clunky and very time-consuming. You won't get to stay on the platform you've known and loved (or didn't love). It will take time, but this is what will probably happen with the TransTech accounts, I'd assume.

Did you stay? - UneasyWriter

[ In Reply To ..]
So, no massive layoff, which is what I have heard before? I just cant imagine there is enough work to keep all the MTs if most of the work gets offshored. There is not always enough work right now. Then what? They hope everyone quits or what?
2014 is a very good year for MTs to get out - of MT before they*re soon forced out.
[ In Reply To ..]
XM
I didn't stay because I could see the forest - for the trees
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not going to stay with a company that doesn't even alert its MTs in advance that their account is gone.

TT/iMedX - Midwest Granny

[ In Reply To ..]
I am an ex-iMedX IC. My advice to anyone working for iMedX (or TT or any other company taken over by iMedX) is to at least find another part time job so you are not left completely unemployed. I had been with iMedX for many years. One day I got an email that my accounts were no longer available effective the next day. You may be able to hang on if you have years of acute care experience, otherwise your life will change dramatically in an email.

Looks like not much info to be shared... - UneasyWriter

[ In Reply To ..]
I did not realize if someone removes their post on their own (at least in this case) that all subsequent posts under that portion of the thread disappear as well.

At this point, I guess we wait it out or make a move on our own.

I love TT. I wish it had not happened at all. :( Yes, I know: #naïve

Similar Messages:

ImedX Transtech Merger
Mar 05, 2014

I just realized something that hit me in the gut.  I so want to believe T in the conference call that nothing is going to change, 2 companies with mutual interest, blah, blah, blah.  She sounded so honest and confident in what she was saying.  Today I realized the FAQ sheet she provided on IMedX was very misleading.  She stated they are headquartered in Atlanta with 2 additional offices in Connecticut and Ohio.  She didn't mention (intentionally I can only imagine) ...

Imedx Merger
Jul 31, 2014

My company "merged" with Imedx several months ago.  Here is my question to those who have had their company merge with Imedx:  What happens if/when your account goes to India?  Does the account slowly phase out or is it just one day gone? Can I expect honesty about what is going on or will the higher ups just act like they are oblivious and they have no idea why that account suddenly dried up?    ...

EMTS And IMedX Merger
Jul 30, 2012

I am very concerned about this merger (EMTS emloyee).  Since it occurred, our work load has been very low so, of course, I am wondering if iMedX employees are getting some of our work?  Extremely worried.  Anyone else having the same issue? ...

Sad To Hear Of IMedx/TT Merger
Mar 06, 2014

At least I still have my Avon, lol ...

Company Merger With Imedx
Jul 24, 2014

Our company recently merged with imedx.  Will we lose our employee status and become ICs? ...

IMEDX Company Merger Question
Aug 15, 2014

Can anyone comment as to when Imedx took over your company how things changed.  Anticipating changes now for TT as the line rate is good with bonuses, etc.   Will Imedx change pay rates?   Will MTs no longer be employee status but have to change status to IC? ...

TransTech/IMedX
Aug 28, 2014

i worked for IMedX after having my baby and the whole experience went poorly.  I see now they have merged with TransTech.  I'd like to give TransTech a try now that Danny is older,. but since they have merged with a company I have failed with, would I have a chance in hell to get hired?  Thank you! ...

Flunked IMedX - Could I Get Into TransTech
Sep 11, 2014

hi i either quit imedx or else got fired i needed a TAH BSO at the time and my health was poor. now that i am wanting to go back to work i see that these two cos have merged.  am i going to have trouble getting a transtech job due to a brief and unfortunate exp. at imedx? thanks for your help.  getting sick of living off my hub. -mae ...

Imedx Email, Used To Be Transtech.
Nov 03, 2014

I'm trying to set up email with Imedx. I've been on the phone twice with their help desk and finally they gave me the website to go to and to use my first initial and last name and he gave me the password to use until I changed it, but when I enter my name and the password, I get an error message. I tried the whole Imedx email, my first name, first initial and last name, got an error each time. Can someone please help me out here, so I don't have to call back as I had trouble u ...

TransTech Solutions Merging With IMedX....sm
Mar 03, 2014

Just found out my company of a year, TransTech in Houston, TX, is merging with iMedX.  I've been liking TransTech.  Plenty of work for the most part, decent pay as an employee.  Not crazy about the Fluency platform, but I can deal with it.  Anyway, just got email stating that not much is going to change despite merger.  TransTech is a smaller company that doesn't hire outside of U.S.  I'm pretty sure that iMedX operates globally.  A shame if this ...

Account That TransTech/Imedx Just Lost
Dec 09, 2014

We were told it went to a competitor and that the client just decided to move in a different direction.  Can anyone verify this to be truth?  Or did it really go to India and we are just being told it went to a competitor.  Also, does anyone know how many MTs are going to have to be dispersed amongst other primary accounts? ...

ImedX/TransTech Holiday 2015
Dec 10, 2014

Has anyone heard anything about choosing holidays for 2015 with ImedX/TransTech?  Last year I remember getting the initial emails in October, but this year haven't seen or heard a thing...Seems kinda fishy... ...

Superior Global And TransTech Acquired By IMedx
Jul 22, 2014

Has anyone else heard about these deals?  ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

Imedx And Moderator At MT Stars, Plz Ignore All Employees/posters Of Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

Moderator, please delete everything on your site that refers to Imedx, even this post of mine, it is only the right thing to do. I prefer to be angry and have no where to vent. Last week we were told by Op Mgr that "she has a call into the client about why volume is so low." Yesterday, we got a "yippee" from "her" about having a coupla hundred jobs ready. This morning, we got an email saying, "we need to make sure you have backup accounts now." I wont address the timesheet issue, I am still ...

RE: MDI Merger - Could Have Sworn. . .
Nov 24, 2009

I heard or read somewhere the everyone was getting a half cent pay cut, whether part-time or full-time.  I was cut a full cent - so I'm guessing I must have heard/read this wrong.  ...

Region Merger
Jan 03, 2010

My region did the switch this weekend and so far everything has gone smoothly for me except when I hit F9 it says there are no results (looking for my feedback and line counts).  Any ideas?  TIA ...

SA3 Merger Problems
Feb 01, 2010

Anyone else in SA3 having problems with this merger?  My first job after we switched to the combined South area with a new log in # came up completed by someone else.  Called my manager and she said her phone is riinging off the hook with people telling her the same thing.  She does not know what the problem is, has to investigate. My CCM is great, I know she will inform us as soon as she knows, but in the meantime if these jobs keep coming up completed and all I do is upload ...

SA3 Has Merger Problems. What About SA5?
Feb 01, 2010

Do you have work?  Able to get into backlog?  Running out of work?      ...

DTS/Transcend Merger
Mar 03, 2011

I came in with the merger of MDI a year+ ago.  I almost got an ulcer reading some of these posts, seriously.  While you must consider what you see here, especially when there is an abundance of similar opinions, be aware, a small percentage of the company's MTs post here.  I will offer my advice.  Treat it like a death of a spouse.  Mourn your loss and look towards the future.  Don't make any big changes for 1 year, or at minimum 4-6 months.  Go with ...

Transcend Merger
Mar 10, 2012

Here's a link to the merger agreement.  WARNING:  This is not for the faint at heart! www.hotstocked.com/8-k/transcend-services-inc-new-TRCR-1378652.html ...

Will I Be Able To Keep My Schedule With The Merger?
Mar 30, 2012

I guess this is just a question to those who have been part of a Nuance merger in the past.  Were you able to keep the schedule you were working before the merger, or were you herded into the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift spots?  I work split shift over two of them right now.  Anyone allowed to keep working M-F after a merger? I suppose I'm mainly wondering if I can continue to pick my own random schedule after the Trasncend merger is complete. ...

OEP Merger With MModal
Aug 21, 2012

Anybody notice merger of MModal with One Equity Partners?  OEP invests in transactions that promote strategic and operating change, creating long-term value......  what does that mean. Sounds like a redo of our company getting rid of things and people they don't like...   ...

Why Is It When There Is A Merger Everything Goes To S**T For The Employee?
Jan 02, 2014

s ...

Merger....very Worried!
Aug 22, 2014

Well I was in the West regeon.  The big "merger" of accounts took place on Monday the 18th.  Well...by Wednesday I started to get the "no jobs allocated" message.  I am really hoping this is not going to be a trend.  All of the work must have seriously gone offshore...if not, where is it?  This doesn't look good...  ...

If It Looks Like IMEDX, Talks Like IMEDX, It Is IMEDX
Feb 28, 2015

No one on this board seems to give specifics when they get canned from IMEDX. So my question is this: Can each person who got laid off/fired let us know more details. Were you PT or full time, did they call or did they email, did you have options, or just firing. How many lines did you do per day. Some of us may not be in your situation and you may have been just an employee that was not worth IMEDX's time and they got rid of you while they may keep all the others, or full timers. Details p ...

Merger Going Between DTS America And Transcend?
Apr 29, 2011

So how is the merger going between DTS America and Transcend?  Is Transcend keeping the promise that nothing will change - pay - accounts?  Just curious..... ...

Anyone Hear About Merger With Another Company? This Gets Better By
Jul 11, 2011

nm ...

Medquist/M*Modal Merger
Jul 12, 2011

So now Medquist and M*Modal are merging. Wonder what this is going to mean for all of us working for companies that utilize M*Modal. Now I understand why WMX sold out to Nuance. Seems to me no one wants to hire Medquist because of their terrible quality so now they are swallowing up competitors platforms and bullying their way into accounts. They have already stopped allowing other companies to use their DocQScribe platform. Interested to know anyone else's thoughts. ...

Here Is What MModal Thinks Of Merger.
Jul 21, 2011

I am afraid all accounts will have to use voice recognition because that is the way things are changing. No more straight typing.  We will not be MT's, but editors.    http://community.advanceweb.com/blogs/hi_18/archive/2011/07/14/change-ahead-for-m-modal-and-medquist.aspx http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110712/BUSINESS05/307120031/MedQuist-buys-speech-recognition-company l ...