A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Family Practice MT needed for P.R.N. work - Crystals Home Transcription - Curious

Posted: Sep 23, 2010

Has anyone applied and heard back from this company today?

Crystals Home Transcription - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I sent her my resume this morning, but have not heard anything back.

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Do Family Practice?
Apr 30, 2011

I have been doing transcription for about 7 years now, but almost all of that has been doing family practice work in SOAP note fashion.  When I first graduated I briefly did some work doing OP, H&P, discharges, et cetera.  I only did that for a short time and then started working at my current job. I have been with this small MTSO for 6 years doing family practice. I also did some letters and SOAP notes for peds endo for a while while doing the family practice. Anyway, over the las ...

Pathology Transcription - Dictation To Practice?
Nov 01, 2009

I am testing for a transcription position within a hospital, but I have never done pathology transcription before only sleep medicine & consultations. Does anyone know where I can download sample pathology dictation to practice before I have to test with them on Thursday. Any help would be appreciated! ...

Practice Reports For Medical Transcription
Jun 28, 2010

My sister who recently graduated from MT school has started looking for MT jobs.  They now want her to test.  She feels she needs practice listening to actual dictated reports. Is there any site that has practice reports? ...

The Transcription Doctors - Regarding The Practice Of Penalizing Them
Jun 30, 2011

I would like to hear from current Transcription Doctors transcriptionists regarding the practice of penalizing them if they do not meet the required production rate, and also do they do the same if your QA percentage rate goes lower than what they require?  I have never heard of a company doing this before.  I don't see how they can keep people if this is true. ...

Medical Transcription Practice Reports
Dec 27, 2014

I'm a recent honors grad and would like to find some practice reports to help keep my newly acquired skills sharp during the resume building/job search process.  Your tips are much appreciated. JB ...

Using Dragon Medical Practice, Version 2 For Transcription, Coding, Billing, Editing - Is It Worth I
Dec 29, 2014

It was recently suggested to me that I get Dragon Medical practice Edition, Version 2 for use on transcription, coding, billing and editing. As someone who works from home, I am hoping to investigate the pros and cons of investing in this program and whether its worth it ($1,399.00!!) Does anyone have any experience using this program for transcription, etc who would like to comment? Is it worth the time investment and the money investment? Is the program fairly easy to set up and use ie: l ...

Crystals
Jun 23, 2010

Can you use both birefringence and biefrinngent crystals??  Or just birefringence? ...

Advice Needed For VR + Regular Transcription
Oct 25, 2009

being paid hourly for VR but also am now doing regular transcription intermingled randomly so hourly pay is becoming "pay by the minute" because 1 report will be VR for a coupla minutes, then the next is regular.  anyone else experiencing this?  if so, are you making any substantial money, can it be done? many thanks, gitarMT ...

Pathology Transcription - What Skills Are Needed?
Jun 29, 2010

I've been an acute care transcriptionist for 15 years... can anyone tell me if I qualify for Pathology transcription or is this an acquired skill that needs more schooling? Thanks! ...

Transcription Labels Provider Needed
May 13, 2013

I have been using Forms and Filing systems to order my transcription labels but they have not answered their phone since last week.  Can anyone recommend a company to order 8.5 x 11 size labels from?  Thanks in advance. ...

New Pathology Transcription Job, Info Needed
Jun 28, 2013

I am about to start a new in-house path transcription job for a laboratory. I did transcription for about 6 years up until I quit last spring. My specialties then were ortho and PT, so I have no experience in pathology. The new company is well aware of this and is willing to train and be patient with me learning on the job. Even so, I am so very nervous as I know this is a whole different ballgame with terminology. They do autopsies as well. Are there sites I should read up on or dictionaries th ...

How Can I Get An At-home Transcription Job?
Jun 23, 2012

How can I get an at-home job as a medical transcriptionist? I have been applying constantly at online positions and they all require "experience" already. Please help! ...

Home Transcription Ad...ha
Jul 08, 2012

Love my job as an at-home MT and love working from home, but that set aside, I think we can all agree that if you're looking to make good money, this is likely not the profession to pursue anymore.  So I saw this ad in one of my magazines, August issue:Train at home to Work at Home . . . Be a Medical Transcriptionist . . . Earn up to $40,000 a year. . . Also, there's a picture of a lady at her computer smiling really big with her 4 or 5-year-old daughter in her lap.  Hahahaha ...

New To At-home Transcription
Jan 16, 2014

I am considering doing medical transcription from home. I have never had this sort of job before and need some advice. Does anyone know of a good "starter" company that would offer part-time work?  Is finding a good company just a matter of research and word-of-mouth? I do have 20+ yrs experience. Any advice appreciated!! Thanks! ...

Anyone Out There Doing Anything Else From Home- Besides Transcription???
Oct 29, 2014

Just wondering if anyone is doing something other than transcription from home. Thanks! ...

MT Transcription Area In Your Home, Where Is It?
Jan 25, 2010

Where are you set up?  I am moving my desk and office stuff around, I find if I do that I actually work better (I know that sound strange, but I find that it's true!)  My mother used to move her furniture around every once in a while... LOL Not that it made a huge amount of difference honestly, but it made her happy and it did liven things up a bit. So, my question is, where is your MT station set up in your home?  I thought about moving out by the kitchen and out of my offi ...

If I Was Let Go Of A Home Medical Transcription Job...?
Mar 06, 2010

In previous posts I mentioned that I was let go of a home medical transcription job because I didn't produce the "perfect" amount of work that was needed right away... Anyways, as I mentioned previously, I got this home medical transcription job only a month after I graduated from Rasmussen College and was let go just last month. The story was, when she first hired me she said it would take me 6 months to get perfect at my job, then after the first month she told me she needed me to be per ...

Laptop To Do At-home Transcription
Apr 18, 2010

I have a laptop computer which I love. Am I really restricted to stay in my "office" or will I be able to move around my home in order to do at-home transcription. ...

Funeral Home Transcription?
Sep 11, 2010

Hi all, I wondered if anyone had heard of or done funeral home transcription.   My husband had an interview today at a funeral home and the director told him they had transcriptionist who transcribe the embalmer's reports.  I had never heard of this, but thought this would be something sort of interesting.  Have any of you heard of this before?  ...

Left At Home Transcription....
Jul 02, 2011

I have been doing transcription for about 15 years now. After leaving MedQuist due to their bad management, I have been hopping around for several years not able to find the right match for me. Everything that sounds great at the beginning turns out to be the opposite. Either the pay is cut in half for their horrible speech recognition or it pays well and the program that they use just isn't very productive. I realized I had no choice but go back into the hospitals when my last position ...

At Home Transcription Jobs
Aug 11, 2012

I am a medical transcriptionist with 26 years experience.  The company I currently work for (for the past 8 years) is phasing out long-distance teleworkers.  There are so many companies out there.  Can someone give me advice on which ones are the best to work for?  Your help is much appreciated.   ...

Wanting To Transition To At-home Transcription
Mar 12, 2012

Hi, I currently work full-time at a University Hospital in Iowa in the Department of OB/GYN and have been transcribing in this department for 8 years.  I transcribe for the residents and since their notes are so detailed I have experience in typing about other medical conditions besides just gynecology/ob related.  I have an hour commute one way and I am seriously thinking of quitting this job and trying at-home transcription so I can be closer to my daughter during the day.  She ...

Transcription At Home Changed My Life
Jan 19, 2013

In the year 2000 I started making 34,000 then by 2005 I was making over 55,000/year. I bought a house, thought eveything was good. Suddenly in in 2008 I made 37,452 and by 2009 I lost my house, my job and had to live on my 401K money that I had to take out early to survive on, plus unemployment of course. This year 2013 I made 18,000 dollars. I lost my standing in life, I feel depressed alot, I can't take my grandchildren out anymore like I used to, maybe once a year is all I can afford. ...

Working From Home Medical Transcription
May 21, 2014

I have put together a list of work-at-home companies, some transcription but I tried to not include companies you would already see on this site, and some not.  I cannot vouch for any of these companies but I did get them from 2 different sites that were said to be reliable (i.e., not schemes).  Please reply by email if you would like me to email you my list.   ...

Medical Transcription Working From Home
Jan 21, 2015

i am currrently in school how hard is it to get a job from home in transcription or coding? ...

Would You Still Recommend At-home Medical Transcription, In 2011
Nov 05, 2011

I was trained as a Medical Transcriptionist at a two-year college from 1990 to 1992.  I worked at a hospital for a couple of years doing radiology, non-invasive cardiology, and neurology transcription, then I got married and moved.  Soon thereafter, I started work at a mental health clinic as a Medical Transcriptionist with 12 other transcriptionists.  This was in late 1993 and I am still there as of right now.  The 12 transcriptionists have either left or been laid off over ...

Looking To Start Typing Medical Transcription At Home
Jun 21, 2013

I am looking to start doing medical transcription at home. I have 8 years experience in a family physician's office. How do I get started? What is a fair wage?  ...

Is At Home Professions A Good School For Medical Transcription?
Jan 25, 2011

Is At Home Professions a good school for medical transcription?  I read that it is not AHDI certified.  What does that mean? ...

I Want More Practice
Oct 17, 2009

I am loving the company I am working for.   I am new to the field, and they have helped me so much to develop my skills.  BUT I am currently only transcribing one specialty(rehab).  I would like to get some practice in acute care, surgical reports, etc.  I've seen several practice CDs on the net and ebay, and just wondered if any of them are worth it.  I have zero experience in other specialties except for the little bit I did during training, and I just want t ...

ESL Practice
Jan 28, 2010

Hi, I'm taking Allied's course and there is no section on ESL dictations. Where can I get samples to transcribe? Or at least listen to? Thanks. ...