Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: From See Msg.. (Views: 36)

To keep holding on - Me too

Posted: Oct 14th, 2024 - 4:55 pm In Reply to: Keep holding on - That was me

I was in the same situation a few years ago. Kept thinking it would get better, be different with every company I went to work for and things never changed. Also the IC thing was a total rip-off, I never had enough work to even begin to justify it. Tried working weekends, overnight, early morning and no work. You were a prisoner in your own home.

There was a local ad for a woman's imaging clinic, and I applied, and all sounded pretty good until I asked if it was an IC position and if it was I wasn't interested. Never heard back again.

I am making much better money, an employee with partial benefits because I work part time, but some benefits nonetheless. I left a company working 2-3 days a week and received money from a retirement fund they had set up for me. It was all their money, I never contributed. Time and a half for holidays and year end bonuses. I barely got paid doing MT work.

Every MT should quit supporting these places, let them send it to Inda or wherever. From the lack of work I usually experienced I think they do that anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)