Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Andrews.. (Views: 43)

Better than nothing - Truly sad

Posted: Dec 8th, 2023 - 10:10 am In Reply to: I do it because it's better than nothing and it's the only thing I know - sleepymt

I used to feel the same way about working at home and doing transcription. It was like I was afraid to venture out and find a job. My thinking was totally delusional. I finally got a job at Walgreens, not the greatest but a start. Then I found a receptionist job at a senior living complex and that was almost six years ago and I finally left MT work and never looked back. I quit just recently as I could no longer justify what I was being paid, even though I told myself it was "only supplemental."

It is hard to reinvent yourself especially as you get older. I also worked as a caregiver and made pretty good money, but had an injury to my hand and could not do it any longer.

Don't give up on yourself, keep trying and don't be afraid to take something, anything and go from there.

All the best to you. BTW I am in my 70s and could find something, so don't let age deter you, although don't kid yourself either, it does make a difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)