Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I do it because it's better than nothing and it's the only thing I know - sleepymt

Posted: Dec 6th, 2023 - 8:07 pm In Reply to: How do you afford to do this job anymore? - Anon

I don't make 10 an hour. More and more they are no longer paying for straight transcription, just the one rate. I'm sick of seeing companies state their hourly rate when it's a production job, IC, and I know there is no way in hell I'm making that per hour rate quoted.

I had a laugh the other day when a manager issued an email about how people aren't understanding a certain account thing, etc repeatedly. All I could think of was if you paid us a living wage, if you made it worth a person's time, respected them and their training, and didn't treat them like nothing, you can bet your ass those people wouldn't make that error again. You would have companies begging to work for you because you would have the best MTs. I have never understood why they don't understand this simple concept.

I do medical transcription because it's what I know. It's all I know that people would pay a few cents for. I can't afford school nor do I have a clue what I would study. I have a degree and some certifications that are worthless. My dreams/hopes died a while ago. I can't pay rent or really much of anything, so when the person I'm living with goes, so will I and it scares me to death.

I look at jobs all the time. Every day. For anything. I don't meet any of their qualifications. Even front desk or customer service want experience, and rightly so, which I don't have. It's not like it was when I was younger and people were willing to train. Now, they want a degree or years of experience for what used to be the so-called "easiest" jobs.

The skills I was trained and excelled in are gone because it's been too many years since I used them. I used to be a writer, a good one. Now, I can't think. I have too much on my mind. There's no time for anything else. Honestly, there is worry, fear, and a lot of pain. It doesn't help I've been sick for years too.

So, I take my 200 to 300 every 2 weeks. I try to be faster and not get distracted by worries.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)