Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Dermatology pathology report pay rate advice - KimRH

Posted: Feb 10th, 2023 - 3:51 am

Hello!  First time posting here but have been a medical transcriptionist for 29 years.   I transcribe for a local large dermatology practice.    Thankfully, the founding physician has failed to cave to the electronic medical record hype.   

Onto my question.  Due to the continued increase in volume, I am looking to hire a part-time transcriptionist to transcribe his dermatopathology reports for one location.   The current workflow uses Microsoft Word with a dermatopathology template, word datasource "mail" merge and and a large amount of macros.    There is a tremendous amount of work but 95% of the work is completed using the pre-set macros that have been built over the years.    

Any advice on figuring pay rates for this type of report.  If additional information is needed, I will be more than happy to provide.    Fortunately (for my sake), I have not had to keep up with the current transcription rates, much less for a customized document.   

Thanks so much in advance!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)