Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 58)

Because - It is a federal mandate

Posted: Feb 10th, 2023 - 11:13 am In Reply to: Dermatology pathology report pay rate advice - KimRH

It is a Federal mandate that Medicare and Medicaid providers have an EMR in place or their reimbursement is reduced or they aren't allowed to participate in the program, that is why it is relevant. It's been in effect since 2014, I can't believe you're not aware of this. I'm just trying to make sense of it all. Without an EMR, does your practice still have paper charts? If your MTs are off site, do you print the reports? Sorry, but I've had a lot of jobs, including at small group practices, and I have never heard of a transcriptionist having the responsibility of hiring people. Silly me, I thought all your offices were using the same format, you did not mention that in your original post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)