Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Docking pay for errors - Unfortunately it has been done

Posted: May 1st, 2022 - 10:53 am In Reply to: You are missing the point - Not an Employee

I understand your frustration. I am not an IC, but when I worked onsite as an employee in MT, for a few years we worked on a production-based system instead of hourly wage. QA was done quarterly, and pay was docked by 5% if anyone dropped below 99% accuracy and stayed at that level until the situation improved. I never questioned the legality, I just assumed that they wouldn’t have done it if they were breaking the law because it was a large organization. In your case, 3 errors sounds excessive and maybe it isn’t legal when it involves ICs. If you set your line rate, you could be right, but I know it is done because it happened to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)