Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Proabably because we're not really ICs. We don't really have businesses - sm

Posted: Apr 29th, 2022 - 9:34 am In Reply to: IC complainers - sm

We were put into the category of IC simply to benefit the employer. I understand what you are saying though, as I too have my own schedule and adhere to it and have for 15 years since I was lumped into the category of IC. The IC status being given to us and then cutting the pay continuously is a big problem. I have been an IC for one company at a time during my 15 years being labeled as an IC. That doesn't really denote to an IC. This status is being given to transcriptionist because it benefits the employer at not having to put in a share of SSI or unemployment benefits or any benefits at all. I work my IC job just as I did my employee job. Nothing has change other than having to pay for my SSI and self-employment taxes. I have no benefits. I can't even take off work because I don't make enough to be able to afford to take a vacation because I would miss out on pay as I don't get paid time off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)