Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 63)

Another One Bites the Dust... - Fool Me Twice

Posted: Jan 3rd, 2022 - 6:27 pm

I'm an IC who's been working for a small transcription company out of Texas for 3 years. I always had enough work to keep me busy until the last 2 months when it got slow on my account (a huge hospital in Ontario, Canada), but I was given the usual "it's always slow during holidays" BS. Recently I got an email from the owner stating Deliver Health is outsourcing all work from this Canadian hospital overseas. I asked for work on another account; she's overstaffed and has no work. I'm sure she knew at least 2-3 months ago that she was losing this account, but she didn't tell the 100 MTs on it since she could still make money off us before the account was gone for good. I've been doing MT for 28 years, but for the last 10 years it's been one lying sack of sh!t MT company after another. I am finally through and going to cashier at the local grocery store; $16/hour with benefits is a lot better than $9/hour as an IC and being treated like crap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)