Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Very interesting - WWD

Posted: Sep 23rd, 2021 - 5:58 pm In Reply to: OP here. I called the insurance company because I - am a member and have an

I was actually very recently offered a job with VIQ Solutions, but I ended up taking another job on a VA account that I just started last week and am loving. VIQ wanted me to pay $60 for my own background check and it was insurance editing at only 4.5 cpl, so I passed and am glad I did. It sure would have been funny if I had accepted the job with them and ended up on the same account! Maybe the insurance company is going with VIQ because they want to switch to VR to save money?

J told me today that I didn't need to worry about the insurance company sending work to another company becauase "they have a contract with them that lasts years." Oh, please. How stupid does he think I am?! Contracts expire, change, can be violated, bought out, canceled, etc.

What I think happened (and this is just my best guess and opinion) is that WWD couldn't keep up with the volume of work they were sending us, so they have given most of the work to the other vendor. Like I said, this other vendor does VR for insurance accounts, so maybe that is something they are actively pursuing to save some $$. Who knows? I could be totally wrong, but all I know is that SOMETHING is happening behind the scenes that we don't know about. Insurance is not like medical. It does not have slow periods. It goes 24/7. People are ALWAYS getting into accidents and having property damage, so that's not why the work has been so low. I think it's something to do with contracts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)