Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Suggestions - Good luck

Posted: May 11th, 2021 - 7:35 am In Reply to: Good luck..and I'll add it to my list - sleepymt

If you don’t want to work at home and want employee status, perhaps you could contact some hospital medical record departments and explain your situation. I doubt that you’ll walk into a coding or auditing job, but there are scanning jobs, release of information and other clerical jobs that would not require specialized training. You don’t need a data entry certificate. You would have to pay a fee, but maybe you could register with a local employment agency. Many communities also sponsor job fairs. I do think there’s some misunderstanding about coding, though, and having been an MT for 30 years generally is not a qualification to audit medical records. This reminds me of the post a few months ago when someone was here telling people that they could get jobs working for attorneys reviewing legal records with just a medical transcription background. The original post was believable until the OP said they were hired on the spot because they were “a friend of a friend.” No one does that. I’m the sourpuss here, but that’s how it works in the real world.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)