Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Yeah. I can understand where you're coming from... - MT2

Posted: May 18th, 2020 - 2:32 pm In Reply to: My experience. - see message

In my experience, typing the "uh" and "Mm-hmm" and all those things... they're just words to type. once you learn to just, like I said my other comment, get the words from your ears to your fingers without too much processing, typing those out goes much easier.

As for the bad sound quality on the insurance accounts, the manager warned me that it was always going to be bad sound quality and to just do my best. That makes it really easy, because the minute I don't understand something, I just type (inaudible) "inau" and keep right on typing. I don't spend more than 5 seconds trying to figure out a blank.

I only occasionally get more than 2 people talking, so I really don't ever have to figure out which person is talking... it's usually a husband and wife if there are two people talking. Just speaker "Q" and speaker "A" as per the template. Sometimes a speaker "3" pops in, and that can slow me down a little, but it isn't often enough for me to consider it a huge aspect of the work.

And how could you not like the translators!? Dictations with translators are the best. I have an instant text entry that types:

3: (speaking Spanish)
A: (speaking Spanish)
3:

Then while the two people are speaking Spanish, I just sit there and relax or even look out the window and sip some coffee.

Well anyway, sorry you didn't like it. I do agree it's a bit tedious and more wearisome than medical transcription, but I like it because the account I'm on has (or "had" until recently) lots of weekend work to do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)