Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

It's not so bad once you get used to it... - MT2

Posted: May 18th, 2020 - 1:16 pm In Reply to: insurance dictations - yvonne

First off, you don't need to spend all that time looking up street names and stuff. You aren't expected to. What I do on the account I work on if I don't immediately know the name is just put (sp?) after a best-guess. So if I hear a road as Tumble Road, I put "Tumble(sp?) Road" and later on it turns out to be Tomball Road, I just do a document search for (sp?) and go back and fix it. And if they never tell me how to spell it or say it clearly enough to change my mind about my first guess, then they at least have something to go on while the (sp?) lets them know it's not certain.

As for the verbatim stuff, it's pretty easy to train your fingers to just type, you know what they... what they are saying, and adding in the things... the ellipses and uh, typing whatever it is you... you hear the instant you hear it.

You can also create little shortcuts in your text expander for things like "(inaudible)", "inau", "(background voices)", "bavo", and "(mumbles)", "mum", and "(chuckles)", "chuck" for non-voice stuff.

Anyway, yeah... this isn't really transcription so much as it is stenography. So once you learn to get the voice in your ears directly to your fingers without too much analysis in between, you find that the verbatim stuff gets easier.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)