Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I work on that account and I find text expanders useful - MT2

Posted: May 18th, 2020 - 7:16 am In Reply to: I work on that account - SM

What I wound up doing was adding 100 common conversational phrases such as "do you remember" (dyr) and "I don't know" (idk) and "yes sir" (ys), and "one moment" (onmo) and "just a moment" (jam2).

Of course, all the traffic terms such as "right lane" (rila), "front bumper" (frbu), "traffic light" (trli), and "police report" (pore2).

Also other common things I type regularly such as "Toyota" (toyo), "Hyundai" (hyun), "A as in Alpha" (aai), "Farmers Insurance" (fain), and "Arizona" (ariz).

I even have a keyboard shortcut that slaps all of that information that you need to fill in at the end of the report. (I copy the file name, and then the word expander pastes and trims the requisite bits in the correct spots down there, along with my initials and the date. Takes literally 2 seconds.)

You just have to recognize the things you type regularly and figure out a system for abbreviating them. I have already added about 300 or 400 abbreviations that way. I average about 325-350 lines per hour on that account.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)