Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

That is what - I imagined for ICs.

Posted: Mar 28th, 2020 - 8:42 am In Reply to: Also I would question the legality of ...sm - Legal eagle

I am thinking filing under the IC stimulus package will send up red flags. That can actually go both ways, either your company has to classify you as an employee or they just go under and stop having ICs altogether.

I also do not understand how as an IC we would report earnings. Just yesterday there were people saying they are going to file as an IC, but there was work waiting to be transcribed. So is this based on what and when you feel like typing that you feel there is no work or is it every single time you log on, there is no work.

This is why IC companies should not require a schedule, and I know most disagree. If a company requires a schedule, they are actually treating you like an employee, especially if they are not allowing you access outside of those said hours. I am an IC but no schedule, so I've been flexing; however, I have a spouse still working, so I'm going super light for the single moms out there and the ones who do not have a significant other/spouse/anyone else to turn to. We have food, a roof over our heads, and clothes. Our son is also still working as an essential employee at a grocery store. He helps a lot.

And, you know, this might come down to making some hard decisions, i.e., going to live with a family member until this blows over or calling the United Way and find out if you qualify for assistance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)