Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Certification, my A. Scribe is nothing more than transcription - done a little bit differently. SM

Posted: Nov 13th, 2019 - 3:36 pm In Reply to: Certification as scribe - Flatline

No matter how you slice it, what BS the recruiters try to shovel on you, it's the same thing in the long run.

I find it also dumbfounding that I've seen job postings for some facilities who want you to use editing in reports yet still ask for CMT in their job requirements, as well as using outdated job descriptions from likely back when we were typing into paper charts or in Word Perfect 5.0. Office administrator type people who know squat about transcription but they're the ones placing the ads and doing the hiring.

I actually some time ago answered an ad for a transcription position that sounded like it was copied straight from a hospital advertisement, complete with job duties to include typing autopsy reports. That logically led me to believe it was a hospital position. Come to find out the temp agency/recruiter was advertising for a very small specialty clinic, she didn't know the first thing about transcription itself, but she was the one hiring. I see she's got one now for an "Opthalmic Tech." Can't even spell the titles properly but she seems to specialize in medical positions.

This whole profession has become nothing but a mess, about one tent short of a full circus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)