Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Basically, you're doing the doctor's thinking for them, creating - the report yourself out of templates SM

Posted: Nov 13th, 2019 - 12:33 pm In Reply to: What else I've heard about scribes - sm

and patching it all together in bits and pieces. You're the one responsible for actually creating the content. No thanks. I dont want to hear all that extra chatter between doc and patient and then have to pick and choose the right pieces out of it.

I've seen posts where some people love scribing. Okay, I'm glad it works for someone, my experience with it sucked.

One place I tried had extensive training that you were paid for only a couple hours a day, but if you wanted to learn everything and learn it well you had to put in a lot of your own personal time unpaid for studying. The recruiter at that time stated "you get out of it what you put into it."

So I had to study that for 4-6-8 hours a day, and eat up my real work time where I earned money.

Plus you had to wait until they had an account for you. Spend all that time learning and training, and then chances were good there was no job at that time, you would be put on a waiting list for a new account.

No thanks. I needed a job at that time, not unpaid schooling for maybe 4-6 weeks or so and then wait longer for an account to become available.

I believe that was iScribes at the time, sold out to Nuisance? and are now so desperate for help they had an ad not long ago on I think it was Rat Race Rebellion that they were hiring and you didnt need experience, just learn a little medical terminology and you'd be good to go.

Right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)