Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 62)

No different than working on site - Sorry for the rant

Posted: Nov 1st, 2019 - 12:25 pm In Reply to: experienced... - Tiredofdrama

For those of us who worked on site before being outsourced, or going to work for a service, we didn’t have accounts but most facilities pooled the work and we transcribed it all. There were foreign accents, mumblers, prima donnas, you name it, we were required to do it but somehow learned it and yes, it was difficult. Being laid off from a long time MT job in my late 50s and starting over at something I had never done with people half my age was probably more difficult than that. Before anyone starts blasting me for still coming to this site even though I no longer actively work as an MT, I don’t know why, but I did MT full time for over 30 years and still like to know what’s going on, kind of like seeing a bad car accident or train wreck and not being able to look away. Making positive comments or saying what is true for me because I’m not totally miserable (see recent thread regarding AAMT) initiate being bullied or personally attacked. I apologize for going off topic but we all have challenges to face in our occupations and from what I can tell none of it is indentured servitude. Anything that makes people as unhappy and miserable as the people here seem to be, it’s time to re-evaluate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)