Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

You are not alone. - sm

Posted: Oct 21st, 2019 - 12:43 pm In Reply to: experienced but struggling with work - An old MT

The account specs these days are unbelievably difficult and hopping from one account to the next is definitely difficult. I totally believe in burnout. I have also been an MT for decades and I find that every time I get used to the dictators, the account is gone or they over hire and then the work runs out. QA is inconsistent and snarky.

I feel your pain. I am actually trying very hard to get out of MT altogether. I just cannot take this kind of abuse of power, pressure, and headaches for such a small paycheck. It has taken a toll on my body physically as well as mentally.

I just never know what is next with these MT companies. I'm exhausted.

You're exactly right in that you are probably able to do an exceptional job, but due to the circumstances beyond your control, your mind and body are just saying to you "enough is enough."

Hugs! I have many more years to work and I still feel so drained from this job. The good old days are gone for making any kind of money in this profession unless you want to work your life away. I am no longer willing to do that; I've missed too much already and I will not allow this profession to define my worth at this stage in my life.

I hope things get better for you! My suggestion since I am still at it and feel the same is just do the best you can and send it all to QA, as that is what they are paid to do. Don't take too much to heart. Trust me on this one. Just let it go. Type what you can and send it on. No worries. They will figure it out on their end.

Another suggestion I have is contact the owner and let them know you are not familiar with oncology and see if they can just take that specialty away. Sometimes the owners want to work with the experienced MTs because they know we care.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)