Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 45)

I need an truly honest - opinion- VDI (sm)

Posted: Oct 14th, 2019 - 7:52 am

I would like to know if anyone else feels like they are volunteering time to the Nuance clones when they have tech issues with VDI?  I have been on the fence with this many times.  I like eScription and was able to work outside of VDI.  However, with it now being mandatory and being locked out of accounts all of a sudden until I get VDI installed, is it really worth the time when you have the technical issues?  The companies I would be working with are IC so they do not pay for downtime or any type of administrative time.  I just feel like seeing what I have seen so far, it is basically volunteering.  As an IC, I only get paid for production of reports.

When a technical issue happens and I can't work, how does that play out?  I have seen where you have to submit something and then techs from Nuance go on your computer and evaluate the situation.  So, how am I compensated for that time?  By the same token, if I try to correct the issues myself, that also takes time and can add up, so where is the compensation for now being a tech?  

I just feel like I am alone on this line of thinking that I am volunteering for these companies with these tech issues that are on their platform and not necessarily my computer.  I am referring to the use of VDI through Nuance.  Am I alone?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)