Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Well that is my point - OP

Posted: Oct 14th, 2019 - 9:23 am In Reply to: Working as an IC is your self-employed business so ... - sm

in that how much volunteering do they want from me? I am an MT. I am not a technical support person for them. I feel like if I have technical issues on the part of their platform, they should be paying me to be a tech and work with the Nuance tech. How else am I being reimbursed as self-employed? Who do I bill for that time? I think I should be able to bill the company I am contracted with for downtime due to technical issues that are not on my end but on their end.

So, yeah, volunteering is not something I want to do. I think it's unfair and I think they should be compensating any user that has to deal with Nuance that can take time from me being productive, which is what I get paid to do.

I already take a hit for a new dictator each dictation and knowing account specs and researching medical terms and places and referring physicians. I figure that's part of the line rate I am given. There is no bid, there's just what they pay you so you truly are not an IC since you cannot name your price for your services.

I was just curious to see how many people think they are volunteering time to technical issues with VDI in particular. I'm not really asking for the general consensus on being self-employed; I already know what that entails. I've been that way for upwards of 15 years but I have also had my own accounts but they all went EMR.

Not a single hospital in my area is hiring MTs. Some offices are looking for scribes but the pay is 10 dollars an hour. I don't think it's worth the gas, time, effort and certainly is a slap in the face when a scheduler at an office and/or medical biller is paid 13 to 18 an hour, but that's a whole entirely different story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)