Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Be very careful s/m - Anon

Posted: Oct 16th, 2019 - 10:44 am In Reply to: I need an truly honest - opinion- VDI (sm)

with what you have on the computer you use the VDI on. It is highly recommended you use a separate system for work. Allegedly (I'm putting this word in to protect myself from those jerks) N techs can and have deleted personal files, web browsers, etc., and the contract you sign states you cannot go after N for any damages or losses you may have incurred. In other words, if an N tech steals any passwords or account info, you have no recourse. They will want to log in and do a "scan" to make sure you have no malware or viruses on your computer, which, in my opinion, completely negates the need for the VDI. That tells me N will be using their own programs to do the scan of your hard drive. You are not allowed to refuse to do this. If you do get another computer, make sure the VDI system cannot see other machines on your home network, or N will question it and want to check out the devices listed. Please protect yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)