Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

It is as if I wrote this entire post - Desperate

Posted: Oct 8th, 2019 - 8:36 am In Reply to: Yes - sm

I too am in my 50's, and lost my transcription job of 20 years last February due to Voice Recognition. I luckily found another position as a Virtual Medical Scribe, but making HALF the money that I used to make. This obviously has put me in dire circumstances, like you, unable to pay my bills and forcing me at this point to file for bankruptcy. I have applied to a million other jobs over the past year and a half, and have had TWO of them call me, and subsequently telling me they are going to go with someone else. It is extremely depressing not knowing what is going to happen in the near or distant future. While I am grateful for the job I have, it is not going to sustain me, and the thought of having to work 2 or more jobs now that I am in my 50's makes me even more depressed. I too began this career as a single mother, and it worked out great for all these years, but now I also wonder if it was the right decision. You are not alone!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)