Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

POSSIBLY some answers - MT55

Posted: Jun 23rd, 2019 - 10:30 am In Reply to: GHOST OR REAL? - MIDNITE RIDER

First of all, thank you for your service. My late husband as well served our country for 21 years and I lost him 22 years ago from CA of the hypopharynx due to the effects of Agent Orange.

As far as VMTS, I worked for them until late 2017, when they ended up losing my major account and the work dwindled down to nearly nothing. At that time, it was run by an individual named "Tim," and it was all straight typing paying 8.5 cents per line based on VBC. Shortly, before Hurricane Irma hit (I was living in Florida at the time), I received a phone call from someone claiming to be from the DOL and she asked me a series of questions regarding how we were paid at VMTS and Stone Network. (Two separate divisions, but both doing VA work). Also, these inquires from the DOL were I believe, initiated because another MT working for VMTS/Stone Network at the time "blew the whistle," so to speak. I received a synopsis of our phone conversation with the DOL representative in the mail, however, because of the rain in Florida, the letter was too badly waterlogged to respond back regarding signing stating that these were the things that were discussed in our phone conversation.

I moved from Florida in May of 2018 and shortly after moving, I received a series of letters from the DOL, stating that because vacation pay, etc, was not figured into our rate of pay, I would be receiving "back pay." I did to the tune of almost 3K. About the time that all of this was going on, VMTS "revamped" themselves, being taken over by other people who worked in the office and the addition of now having accounts go to VR. These companies ARE supposed to be paying according to the fact that we as MTs, are "contractors for the Federal government." I know that I, when asking questions from the person who FORMERLY ran VMTS/SNI would ask questions regarding this, I was assured that he was paying his MTs they way they were supposed to be paid and "that was the reason he was paying us 8.5 CPL," although it was based on VBC. It is JMHO, but I have a feeling that the "new and revamped" VMTS is probably doing the same thing.

I'm sorry that I could give you information regarding the "current state of affairs" at VMTS, but I would say to proceed with caution, should you decide to accept employment with them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)