Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

THE KEY - MIDNITE RIDER

Posted: Jun 22nd, 2019 - 11:43 am In Reply to: I used to work there. No benefits. It’s IC work - sm

Well, it depends on when you worked for VMTS.  What year did you work there?

I did some investigation and, according to MTStars, in 2017 VMTS was investigated and fined.

I HAVE DOL INFO - OldTimer VAMT

Posted: Nov 22nd, 2017 - 6:01 pm In Reply to: Veterans Medical Transcription Services (VMTS) - fair?

I have info on this. Please send me an email and I will fill you in. I am not comfortable putting it out here either. I have a contact at the DOL and we all should be getting money. The investigation is still ongoing and should be wrapped up soon. After it is wrapped up, DOL will tell VMTS how much they have to pay each individual and then they will have 30 or 60 days to pay us all. I have been through this before, some people got $1500 and some $15,000.

Not paying right - no job

Posted: May 12th, 2017 - 6:19 pm In Reply to: Veterans Medical Transcription Services Inc - no job

I've been emailed by several employees and they are not paying people any of the perks. None. My best friend is owed thousands of dollars by her previous employer for not being paid properly for VA work. She called 1-866-4-USWAGE (1-866-487-9243) and reported them. Don't let these companies take advantage of you.

Also, for your information, I know for a fact since I am a VA Veteran the following information, which can be found under

US Dept. of Labor
Wage & Hour Division

Any time you work on an account that has a federal government contract you have to be considered a statutory employee (meaning the employer takes out social security and Medicare), NOT classified merely as an independent contractor but an independent contractor/statutory employee, and you have to be paid the hourly rate AND have an additional hourly rate that goes into a benefits fund for health insurance, sick leave and vacation purposes.   For anyone who currently works on a VA federal government contract, you must be paid the hourly wage determination rate.

How do service employees know what wage rate they are supposed to be paid?

On the date a service employee commences work on a SCA covered contract, the contractor or subcontractor is required by law to deliver to the employee or post a notice of the required compensation in a prominent place either at the work site or on a company 's online website...the same applies any time an employer adds an additional VA account to that employee.

Furthermore, NOT receiving any fringe benefits at all, such as health insurance, sick leave, paid vacation, not being paid by the hour, instead being paid by the line, is in direct contradiction to the McNamara-O’Hara Service Contract ActUnder the McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act (SCA) of 1965, all employees working on a contract in excess of $2500 must be paid an hourly rate, should also receive fringe benefits i.e. paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick leave.

So the real key is "How is VMTS paying its VA employees since 2017"??? 

Is anyone currently working for VMTS willing to share that information?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)