Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Nuance demands the use s/m - Anon

Posted: Jun 9th, 2019 - 7:03 am In Reply to: Thoughts - Me

of the VDi because of the breach. They panicked when they got a demand to appear letter from the US government to answer for it. It became every MTs problem when they had an upper level manager download something they shouldn't have. Nuance also failed to secure their servers properly.

So they scramble to throw together something that is going to cover their arses with the clients and the US government, based on their computer systems in India. That is why it works so well for THEM. It is a back-end system. There are plenty of hospitals that do not use the VDI. It is not the Holy Grail of security. We have said many time there were and are easier ways to secure the servers, but it fell on deaf ears. Nuance is God, you know.

Make no mistake; hospital in-house MTs do not use the VDI system. They do not have to. Nuance cannot force a client to use the VDI system on the front end. They use regular Editscript. It would have been far too expensive for hospitals to either upgrade or downgrade their equipment to accommodate Nuance's f*ck up. Nuance would not be willing to pay for that out of their precious profits. They can, however, force us MTs to use it. If we do not use the VDI, we do not work for most Nuance clients. It's that simple.

They do ping IP locations. Can they remote in while you are working and not tell you? I'm willing to bet on it. I nosed around in the system one day (Nuance suits, if you are reading this, you know who I am. Hi!!!!) and I noticed they disabled our ability to not allow remote access while in the VDI. I hope that if they decide to do a "check" of my computer they don't open certain files because someone will wind up pooping their pants.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)