Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

VDI is horrible. I have it ... - sm

Posted: Jun 7th, 2019 - 8:29 pm In Reply to: VDI is the reason I will not take any of these jobs, despite - some fantasy claims how it is no problem SM

installed and it's never worked properly. Currently not using because it's clunky, slow, locks up, most of the time can't log in, and I can't get the editing functions fixed that I need to edit voice rec reports.

It's impossible to communicate with the Indian IT reps as well. The communication barrier is a huge frustration.

I bought a brand new laptop for this and it's bogged down my new laptop. It runs constantly - like it never rests. My old laptop, which was only 4 years old, never ran constantly like this. This new laptop has twice the hard drive space and twice the memory so it should be running more smoothly.

I think IT Department is trying to make a square peg fit into a round hole with VDI. I believe the specifications for VDI are much more specific than they first knew, and now they're backtracking trying to make everyone's computer work based on what they initially required. Of course, they can't really backtrack and require all of us to purchase new computers and components AGAIN (no one is going to do that), so they're going to force VDI to work on what we have. This is why VDI works fine on some and not others.

I just want this crap OFF of my computer. I'm currently seeking a job outside of MT in the legal transcription field.

Of course, I'm sure I'll have to incur the expense of VDI removal. It took 6 hours to install and I just wonder how many hours it will take to remove and how much money to do so.

I don't care how many people sing VDI's praises. My experience has been horrible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)