Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I disagree. - sm

Posted: Dec 16th, 2018 - 12:46 pm In Reply to: My take on the purpose of VDI possibly - sm

It is possible that Nuance and other companies used MTs to train voice rec. However, many people would disagree with that, given the fact that the VR engine never seems to learn basic things.

See item 3 here:
https://forum.mtstars.com/726448.html

I see VDI use as a method to guarantee security and conformity of environment, not a way to program AI. VDI is a container, it doesn't change the platforms Nuance uses (EMDAT, eScription, etc.)

VDI/virtual machine by itself doesn't make voice rec smarter. The software running in the VDI might be used to program AI, but Nuance could have kept using that software on MTs computers without the VDI.

My personal take on VDI: This is Nuance deciding that the people (MTs) involved with transcription aren't worth the time and money they cost. There are still facilities that want transcription, that are too cheap (or lack the technical skill) to hire their own MTs directly. VDI is a way for Nuance to get transcription money from those facilities without the hassles of hiring MTs directly. Facilities that don't want transcription will be moved to voice rec.

I agree "VDI is a clunky, MT-unfriendly system." But no bean counter cares whether MTs can use it or how well. VDI is there to prove to facilities that Nuance transcription is taking security seriously. Or at least more seriously than the competition that isn't using VDI.

LINK/URL: I disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)