Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

It's very sad! - CMT

Posted: Dec 11th, 2018 - 8:28 pm In Reply to: Kinda goes to show what MT has come to ... - sm

I remember 10 years ago when this board was FLOODED with good jobs and we all had plenty of choices when it came to who we wanted to work for. Companies left and right were offering 9 and 10 cpl and you could easily land a new job within a few days or even less, no sweat. I remember getting multiple job offers at once and then having the luxury of choosing. It used to be you could easily make at least $50k a year doing this job. There were years when I made even more. What has happened to this industry over the last several years??? It's so depressing. Smaller companies are getting swallowed up by Nuance and M*Modal, leaving us with almost nothing for jobs unless we want to go to work for one of those horrific companies. I was hired by TransTech back in 2013 or 2014, about a month before they got bought out, and I immediately jumped ship as soon as they made the announcement and made my IC job full-time. There was NO WAY I was going to go through another buyout! I would give anything to see this profession turn around and get back to the way it was a decade ago. I sure miss the good old days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)