Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 63)

Lots of part-time jobs only where I live sm. - FlaMT

Posted: Dec 5th, 2018 - 7:56 am In Reply to: Guess that's when I will stop using Walmart as they don't pay me to check myself out. - Kroger here we come. lol. nm

Full-time jobs are a rarity where I live. Even the local hospitals only advertise part time or p.r.n. jobs now. Growing up, trying to find a part-time job was tough, as most of the jobs were actually full time (40 hours, not 35 or 37), but now the tables have turned. Another reason the part-time jobs are so plentiful in my area is because living in Florida, we get a lot of snowbirds that winter down here between Oct and March (or move down here and are semi-retired) and want to work only part time. That's great for them, but the local businesses know that and therefore don't hire full-timers much since they get plenty of people willing to work part time. That's just the way it is in my area. Sadly, I see lots of folks (old & young) having to work 2 and 3 part-time gigs just to make ends meet and the ones I know tell me they would much rather work one full-time job, but finding one is another story in my area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)