Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Here's why I'm happy with Keystrokes and have been for 9 years. sm - Long Time KS MT

Posted: Sep 26th, 2018 - 10:43 am In Reply to: Keystrokes. - RadGuy

My list is long but I will also tell the pros and cons.

Pro: I have a great account that keeps me busy, and I have a back-up account for the odd day that it's slow.

I am an employee, so I don't have to worry about taxes or paying self-employment tax as an IC (been there, done that). I have PTO, benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance and will major carriers, really great insurance. I have 401k. I have the option to take out additional life insurance, disability and some other insurances. If I am laid off, and I hope that never happens. I could get unemployment because I'm an employee.

I have good QA people on my accounts that aren't nit-picky and leave me alone.

My manager is fair. She's a bit gruff but she's OK.

I know that my work is not being taken by someone offshore.

I don't have to mess with VDI or the cr*p dealt out by the other other 2 big companies.

I get a decent line rate. No great (none are anymore) but livable and I get good counts, so my checks are good.

Con: Checks have been late by up to a few days off and on for the past 19 months. My health insurance is expensive because it's my husband and I. There is no match for 401k.

For me, the pros far outweigh the cons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)