Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

auto correct entries - another MT

Posted: Sep 20th, 2018 - 2:13 am In Reply to: auto correct entries - petunia

I agree with it being very individualized. The other poster mentioned what she entered in auto correct (macro) for, "the patient was prepped and draped..." For me, I created preppedj and it created a macro. Anything i create for a macro ends with either an "x' or a "j" because of where the abbreviations are. I auto correct anything with a "tion" ending because I tend to type "toin', or I type "becuase" so I auto correct that to "because." It does take time, but you figure out what you type wrong. for me, "patient" comes out "patinet" and so I have auto corrected that. I would suggest, as you are proofing your work, you'll see the things you type wrong over and over, and you'll be able to auto correct those. I personally have a hard time with letters as abbreviations. I usually use the first few letters of each word to create an auto correct or a macro. I do use letters in caps for headers. HAP=ASSESSMENT AND PLAN. HPE = PHYSICAL EXAMINATION, etc, etc, etc. HLD = LABORATORY DATA. For me, xx = patient, xxx = the patient. Everyone is different.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)