Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

IMO, a shared list really isn't very helpful. sm - Trying to help.

Posted: Sep 19th, 2018 - 10:27 am In Reply to: auto correct entries - petunia

An autocorrect list, or an expansions list is best when it is geared to the person using it. For instance, the phrase "The patient was prepped and draped in the usual sterile fashion," is triggered by PDUF for me. It comes automatically. GBDIS is gallbladder disease. BOOB is BREAST, only because it's easy to type (yes, I know, not very professional, but it's easy to type and for me to remember."

I have the feeling you're new, so it's not easy to hear this takes time, but time will tell you how to build your autocorrect.

Some advice I will share is do not use an autocorrect form that is actually a word. Like don't put in OR to have it expand to "operating room." Believe me, it's done. I did it when I was new to expanders. Ooops.

Things that help for editing is to add a letter to a word to change it in your text. Like if the doctor dictates "The patient was discharged yesterday," but ASR in its infinite wisdom put out "The patient IS discharged yesterday." In my expander (autocorrect) I have "isw = was." So editing on the fly, I can add a "w" after is (isw), and it will expand to "was." That is a keystroke and a space, rather than highlighting "is" and typing "was." It's small stuff, but it adds up.

Other things will come to you based on how the platform you are using operates.

There used to be a list, I think it was by Mary Morgan? Someone else may have a link to share, but really, that is just memorizing the list of someone else, rather than building your own. It takes time, I know, but in the long run it will save you time to have lists triggered by how YOU remember things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)