Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

we should not even be entering any ADT information!! - Izopen

Posted: Sep 18th, 2018 - 11:56 am In Reply to: Because of HIPAA and billing - sm

THEREIN lies the problem! The DOCTORS and NURSES and PA-s or whoever are DICTATING or in-house employees admitting the patients should be the ones entering ALL PATIENT information into the demographic screen. They have employees that sit there and call your name when you are going to be admitted or even through the ER who TYPE IN ALL THAT ADMITTING or CLINIC visit information into their system so WE SHOULD NOT BE DOING ANY OF IT!!!! We not only DO NOT GET PAID to do it, but often we do not even have all the correct information needed, which they DO IN-HOUSE, in order for us to enter accurate information into the ADT/demographic screens. This is a lot of bull, and has gone on way too long! The hospitals and clinics seeing the patient have to enter patient information into their system to even see the patient to begin with. THAT INFORMATION should ALREADY BE THERE for us to use. IF WRONG, it should FALL BACK ON the in-house employees or doctors or nurses or whoever is doing the entering of that patient information, NOT US. We are MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONISTS, NOT DATA ENTRY employees! I am so sick and tired of being required to do someone else's job because they just don't want to make sure it is done correctly on their end to begin with, or plain just don't want to do it, especially WHY SHOULD they when they were told by the big wigs at major MTSO's that we will do that for FREE!!!! I am also so sick and tired of so many of these docs dictating on a patient and they do not have any correct patient medical record number, billing number, and/or they do not even know if the patient they are seeing is MALE OR FEMALE!!!! REALLY????? I would be so comfortable having you for my doctor! OR AGES! All they have to do is look at their screen like we do! BUT NO! That would take 2 whole seconds out of their busy day to verify, but many more seconds out of OUR busy day to write up a discrepancy on dictated age of the patient compared to what ADT says. We all should be sick of this and really should have opened our mouths about it a long time ago. I guess MTSO's cannot offer quality transcription alone as a selling point but free data entry to be the icing on the cake! What a deal! WE will be the ones in trouble if any piece of crap is wrong on the ADT, NOT the docs. The docs or in-house employees will not lose a freakin' dime for any errors THEY MISS, but we will lose many many DOLLARS or be fired in the end for missing something THEY missed or entered wrong or IDIOTIC VOICE RECOGNITION put in their report! NOT to mention how it affects our LINES PER FREAKIN HOUR! BUT NO, MTSOs do not account for that, give us any leeway or extra time to allow for things like crappy dictators, crappy ADT information, etc. How many of us get audited forever because we may have missed something that VR put in a report that we missed when proofreading? I am so sick of it all, which I guess might be good because I am to the point where I am not going to put up with any of it anymore. I have had it up to HERE with it all!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)