Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Your situation sounds a lot like - mine

Posted: Sep 16th, 2018 - 8:50 pm In Reply to: Unfortunately desire for cheap over quality has been demonstrated. - by clients

Makes me wonder how many of us still here are going through the very same thing. I know there are MTs who are showing up for work and are finding none or very little. I suspect it's just a matter of time before that happens to more of us. I've been an MT for many years and have never felt like my job is dragging me through the coals every shift like it is now. It's gotten a lot tougher to meet those metrics and production standards, which I don't feel fairly take into consideration the present work conditions some of us have to deal with. The number of obstacles have risen dramatically. We're dealing with so many different dictators coming from so many different accounts and each with their own specific rules and instructions. It's literally a never-ending learning curve. This work system doesn't promote productivity and, in fact, compromises the effort to be both accurate and productive. We're definitely not working toward common goals here anymore it seems. As an MT, aiming for accuracy has always been the way to achieve the best quality. But now it seems everything is running counterproductive to that aim. I find things have grossly deteriorated - from the sound quality to the careless attitudes and very poor dictation styles of certain dictators in each account I work with, (about 10 a day, but have heard some MTs work on many more accounts than this!!) Then, compound all of that with a slow platform and it's various issues. The one that baffles me probably the most is the ultimate holdup at the very end of a job when all you want is to do is quickly upload it and move on already, but no... the document checker takes over and goes around and around landing on "extra spaces" that sometimes aren't there or flagging words that are perfectly correct, but because it's not human it doesn't know the difference!! Kind of redundant, I think. If things were to ever turn around and the work brought back to the USA (where it belongs), opening up new business and new companies offering real employee positions with decent pay and decent treatment of their employees, that would be the best thing ever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)