Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

I have been saying this for years about quality - sm

Posted: Sep 15th, 2018 - 11:33 am In Reply to: Former M*Modal MT - coder22

There is only ONE way we can outperform the offshore MTs, and that is quality. We can't afford to be cheaper, they may be fast, if inaccurate, but the quality is terrible. Where we can shine is quality. The ESLs just can't do it. It isn't about intelligence! It's language skill, period.

Unfortunately, what I suspect is that the MTSOs are no longer paying high enough wages in the US to attract or hold onto the best MTs, so a lot of the best and most experienced are deserting to early retirements or other fields now, like coding. Some have been driven out by layoffs. Some of us stay and we still produce top quality work, but I don't think there are as many as there used to be. I still hope it will turn around. Every day that I work for MModal, I try to produce reports that are flawless. If my frustration level ever gets to the point that I don't care anymore and I stop producing reports as flawless as I can possibly make them, I will leave. I have come close more often than once in the past few years, especially with the audio issues, the multitude of accounts, and NJA.

I don't understand how audits can be done as often as they are and they do put people on PM for not meeting the quality standards, and yet so many reports still be so terrible. I see them too. I see incredibly well done reports in the previous report lookup, a lot of them actually, but I also see some that are absolutely terrible.

The only thing I can think of is that the standards for the Indian/ESL MTs must not be as strict as they are for us. No idea, though. But with how frequently we are audited, that's the only thing that makes any sense.

That's really sad about your hospital's quality of reports and that doctor. People say the hospitals don't care about quality, so why not send it all to India. But I know so many doctors, and they all do care. Maybe they will all start to wisen up and demand MModal keep their work in the US. And hopefully there are still enough of us here doing quality work to make a difference. The MTSOs would be lucky if that were the case, after all they've done the past decade. But the doctors hate Dragon and VR for the same reason - quality, plus it's time consuming.

I just think it's all about quality. If we ever want things to turn around, that's the way it's going to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)