Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

crappy CFO - Cheryl

Posted: Aug 14th, 2018 - 3:47 am In Reply to: There is nothing to share now that you explained it. - I would imagine many people were already SM

It's not always the MTSO who drops the ball on MTs. Clients have no decency either. Something similar happened to me a while ago, and it was no fun.

You probably should put all of your energy in looking for a job and trying to squeeze money out of your ex.

I don't know anything about your finances, but Clark Howard, a financial guru says that if you end up getting suddenly laid off, stop paying your credit cards (any unsecured debt). Contact them and tell them you're unemployed. You're undoubtedly going to ding your credit anyway. Figure out your survival budget -- rent/mortgage (if any), car note (if any), utilities, and living expenses. Everyone else will just have to wait.

After you have explained your situation, screen your calls. You don't need creditors making you feel bad.

Then with gazelle intensity start thinking entrepreneurally. Apply for every job that you're event remotely interested in. Take the first job that is offered, even if you hate it. If you hate it, keep looking, and change jobs when you find a better one.

Work a lot until you feel financially secure, then cut back. It's easier to work than worry.

If you work in an area that has Uber or Lyft, drive. Those folks are really making about $22 an hour.

If you have the time, I would suggest writing the dictator to thank him for his kindness. I would also consider finding the CFO's boss to tell him/her that CFO may need to learn how to deal with people. And I would consider sending the CFO a "you suck" letter, letting him/her know that you understand that institutions make changes, but it would be customary to give people notice. You may also include some verbiage about the golden rule, etc.

What a POS the CFO is!

Hang in there and let us know how it's going. You're so sweet; your first thought was about your kids' activities.

It may be time to start hitting eBay hard. What is it that Dave Ramsey says? Sell so much stuff on eBay that your kids think that they might be next.

Again, I'm really sorry this douche bag did this to you all. You deserve better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)