Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Skype usage - Oze MT

Posted: May 31st, 2018 - 7:31 pm In Reply to: Audio - Aussie MT2

I think it depends on your company and TL as well.

I'm at Ozescribe and once or twice a year our team's QA will have a Skype meeting which is like a phone conference call and I know the Team Leaders have them at least weekly. Audio calls and screen sharing are also really useful in your training period if there's something you find tricky to get the hang of.

Otherwise, we use the text IM function, either one-to-one or in group chat. We have a group for our whole team, one for our team's QAers, one for MTs who type for a specific large client, etc.

We might create a group if there's a new client and there's four or five of us working on their files and they haven't given us much info to start with. We can share info quicker than emai without clogging up the chat for the whole team.

We also use email, for example for info that needs to be cc'd to tech or is relevant for MTs who might log on later in the day - scrolling through past messages can mean you miss things, eg, if a client has uploaded duplicate files, we send an email so everybody gets it but you can also give a quick heads up in Skype as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)