Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Totally agree - SM

Posted: May 28th, 2018 - 11:38 am In Reply to: Tell the truth... - nn

I have been doing this for just over 15 years. I am very confident in my transcription skills and I watch carefully as I transcribe, but I never go back and read through the entire report from beginning to end once it's done. That is for newbies. If I have any blanks, I will usually go back and very quickly re-listen to them just to give it one more shot to see if I can fill them in, but we do not get paid NEARLY enough to spend time proofreading each and every single report that we do, nor do we get paid enough to spend ungodly amounts of time researching to try to fill in blanks. We would hardly make any money if we did that! Want to pay me more for doing that? Great! But, until companies are actually willing to pay us to do this, my reports are being sent right through as soon as the dictation ends! I've never had any complaints regarding my work, so I clearly don't even need to go back and proofread. It's nothing more than a huge time waster, and when you are paid on production, every minute counts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)