Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Naive IC - pmt

Posted: Nov 1st, 2017 - 7:54 pm

Just want to share my recent experiences.  I recently left one of the Bigs as an employee for a try at IC for flexibility and part-time as I hope to semi-retire next year.   I tried 3 different places in 4 weeks.  In all 3 cases I had to use (buy) Express Scribe and Word and work without the benefit of a real transcription platform - no dictator database, no spell check, no auto save.  I had to create signature lines, footers, download audio and document separately, deal with major glitches and no tech support.  I'm pretty old school and low tech, so that was part of the problem.  I blame myself for not asking more questions upon being hired, specifically about the software.  I know there are other IC opportunities out there and I hope to find one that works for me.  The grass was not as green as I had hoped.  I hope anyone else looking, will keep this in mind.  Good luck, all!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)