Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I agree - with all

Posted: Jan 24th, 2017 - 11:48 am In Reply to: Yes it is true you have to do the work yourself to find a job - MT

that you said! it took me many months of searching every place i could find that had transcription jobs available. with our profession dwindling day by day, it is hard to find a website that has any open jobs any longer. I found my current position "accidentally" by searching medical clinics in different cities. some of them have a "career" section or "jobs" section on their websites. I found one that just happened to be hiring one or two in-house transcriptionists, but i sent in my resume anyway. They read over my resume and because they outsourced their overflow work, they sent my resume on to the company that performed the overflow work. They called me and i have been working with them ever since, close to a year now. It has everything I want in a job; they treat me extraordinarily well, and leave me to do my work. Like I said, I found it by accident, which is most likely the way anyone searching for transcription jobs these days is going to find one. You just cannot rely on someone else just "handing over" a job to you. You have to take the initiative always. None here are obligated to tell you where to go to get a job. Getting angry about them not handing out a job position is not going to help anyone. I wish this person would drop the subject and get on with her job search elsewhere. Trying to make someone feel guilty for not wanting to help is beating a dead horse. When was the last time she helped anyone?? You tend to get what you give in this day and age, and if someone gets angry because they are not getting what they want, perhaps they are going about it the wrong way, and is a bit childish. stomping ones feet and having a tantrum is not going to make anyone feel compassionate enough to give you a job. Be thankful for what you DO have and get on with your own searching. All the time spent here whining and complaining could have been better spent in searching ones own position. JMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)