Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Yes it is true you have to do the work yourself to find a job - MT

Posted: Jan 24th, 2017 - 11:22 am In Reply to: I think this is a lost cause. People seem to want some magic answer/direction sm - You tried

It isn't that we don't want to help. It is that it takes as much work or more finding the right place and the right personal fit than even doing a job some times. Yes, we can blanket agree on the bad ones because these places have things in common which are not right like shady pay, no pay, short of illegal practices. However, what is good for me having over 30 years' experience on the most difficult things is not good for even mid level career people. What is good for a new person would be boring for me. Add to it some of us don't want our employers even knowing we come here because it is in our contract. Why would we lose a job and our anon status even answering by e mail. Look, in the business world in any business, it takes networking, but network in person. Go to the transcription department at your hospital and ask questions. They may outsource but they will say where. Look in your local phone book. Go to google and also glassdoor and look for the smaller companies. Go state to state on the internet and look for recommendations on google and on glass door. Take jobs, quit jobs, find one fits you. Personally it has taken me many years of bad jobs and remaining friends with people from the bad jobs and then finding my place through word of mouth (keeping in touch in real life). That is the key. Develop real life networking away from here. Don't depend on the listings on this place or the other site. Do your work. Sorry you may not like me for saying it but we don't know your personal situation or professional situation, and you do not know ours. All we here can say is if we found a place, and I add to it I went through hell and high water to find mine and that it exists. But I lost everything staying with the wrong places until I networked and found the right place. BTW: They aren't hiring b/c there is no turnover and their clients are going nowhere. DO THE WORK OF NETWORKING AND JOB HUNTING. Caps for emphasis. It is nothing against you. It is a process!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)