Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

UE not guaranteed -- - beenthere

Posted: Oct 13th, 2016 - 2:30 pm In Reply to: I agree! What's the worst they could do to any - of you? (m)

Everyone seems to think they’re going to get unemployment if they get fired. I’ve even seen some people say since you pay into it, you have a right to it. WRONG. You do NOT pay into it. Companies are mandated by law to carry unemployment insurance. The more they pay out in unemployment, the more their rates go up just like car insurance. That’s why it is always in their best interest to fight your claim. If you get fired and they can prove it’s justified, you won’t get unemployment. Job abandonment is a justified firing, so they won’t have to pay you UE. If you all call in “sick”, then they will most likely make you use your hard-earned PTO to cover your “sick days” or force you make up the time, then treat you like crap so you quit. Good for them because again, no UE. So “first do no harm” to yourself. Unless you’re planning on quitting anyway, in which case you could all coordinate your quit dates, I’d come up with a safer plan if I were you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)